UK IGN/US 9.2 ****Contains spoilers****
+Excellent gameplay variety
+Strong performances
+Detailed open world
+Brawls and Predator fights
– Tank feels out of place
(PS4 code)

Polygon 10
After Arkham Knight, Batman has been perfected — and the end result is the best game of this console generation.
(PS4 code)

Gamespot 7
+Soaring above Gotham is a consistent treat
+Smart crime-solving sequences
+Lots of mission variety
+Imaginative stealth and combat encounters
+Impressive audiovisual details
- Forced use of the Batmobile puts a damper on fun and freedom
- Ham-fisted dialogue and predictable reveals damage the story
- Monotonous encounters and mediocre boss fights hurt the second half
(PS4 code)

gamesradar 4/5
+One of the best open worlds ever created
+Freeflow combat and predator sections are better than ever
+Tag team attacks are fun while they last
+The sidequests involving Batman’s villains are mostly excellent
-Batmobile combat is a big letdown
-Main story is the series’ weakest
(PS4 code)

GameReactor UK 9
+Multiple game mechanics gel brilliantly. Story beats are great, no filler on missions. Nice puzzle work built into bigger enemy fights due to enemy variety.
-Batmobile takes some getting used to, and race-specific challenges can be annoying. Takes a while to relearn combat ropes.
(PS4 code)

Game Informer 9.5
At the end of it all, Batman: Arkham Knight delivers a great sense of closure for this series. Rocksteady leaves a few plot threads dangling to tease and taunt us, but the grim tale that started all the way back in Arkham Asylum is done. Rocksteady built a special experience that dazzles with its cleverness, intelligence, and ability to shift from kick-ass Batman moments to emotional gut punches to scenes stripped straight from some of Batman's greatest comic book stories. Lock yourself away, avoid social media and friends, and finish this game. You won't want this one spoiled for you.
(PS4 code)

VideoGamer 10

USGamer 4/5
Rocksteady brings the story of its version of Batman to a satisfying conclusion. There's some moments of tedium to be found, but if you want to be the Batman, this is one of the best experiences available.
(PS4 code)

Video games zone (Germany) 87%
+ spectacular presentation
+ thrilling main story with lots of memorable moments
+ dense atmosphere
- lame chase sequences with the batmobile
- tedious boss battles with the batmobile
- battles against other vehicles are dull
(PS4 code)

Meristation (Spain) 9.3 Excelente - OP note: That's "excellent" in English
(PS4 code)

AusGamers (Australia) 10
It’s challenging and engaging, expansive and enticing. Its game-world is wholly realised and gorgeous to look at, but above all else, it tells such an incredible story in so many new and unique ways, it’s impossible to ignore.
(PS4 code)

GameBlog (France) 4.5
(PS4 code)

Multiplayer (Italy) 9.6
(PS4 code)

Gaming With Character 9.7234723741 /10
(Video review, no spoilers unless you've been on blackout.)
Publisher: Warn a brother Interactive
Developer: Rock...steady...rockin' til' the break of dawn
Code: ?

Don'y know if it's my work PC or not, but those links aren't working.

Using chrome.

Links should now work as expected (open in new Window). Will do some more tweaking later (youtube embed seems to have stopped working).

Unfortunately as Forum Apps don't know about a tig tag yet, those won't work. I don't know yet if there is something we can do here, and where we can best do it.

I've decided to wait for the GOTY edition. I figure it will have more content anyway with a price drop and without having to pay for the Season Pass BS.

It's a sad fact that this generation's big releases are often playing catch-up on their promises post-launch - a "release now, fix later" mentality that developer Rocksteady thankfully doesn't appear to subscribe to in its excellent Batman Arkham Knight. Having played the PlayStation 4 review code extensively, we're pleased to see the game is set to launch in a very refined, polished state. As the finale to the Arkham saga, it's a superb production, but crucially it also turns in a slick, stable playing experience with solid performance on day one.

How wonderful. Finally someone with enough integrity to push for a release of a complete product, as it should be.

So the question is... I've only played a large portion of the first game (Asylum was it?) and none of the sequels. Are the games really connected story-wise and more importantly, would my brain be able to fill in the gaps considering I know a bit of the comics, and also considering we're not talking Shakespeare here?

I don't really feel that it requires each game to be played although there is some tie.

I don't know about Origins since I barely got by the beginning. The fov got me very nauseated even for short play times.

So the question is... I've only played a large portion of the first game (Asylum was it?) and none of the sequels. Are the games really connected story-wise and more importantly, would my brain be able to fill in the gaps considering I know a bit of the comics, and also considering we're not talking Shakespeare here?
A played some of the first and none of the second until the PS Now beta and had no idea what the hell was going on for some time. Dialogue with key protagonists harps back to events not experienced unless you played the first game and there is no recap of Asylum before City begins.

Once I filled my plot gaps from Wikipedia l was fine. I didn't finish City before Sony yanked it from PS Now but I've preordered Knight. I played enough to know the gameplay will be great.

In my experience some games when pre-ordered do not auto set to pre-download. I'd look at your purchase in the store.

Back