Baldur's Gate III announced!

I'm playing use DirectX and generally do 4-5 hours stitches and have not had any crashes yet. I've just sorted out the goblin problem so I assume I'm still in Act I.

Does anyone know of updated performance data with respect to Act 3? Particularly for the CPU? The only comprehensive CPU comparison I'm aware of was done by pcgameshardware.de but that was with an Act 1 test at launch. Or if anyone has anecdotal experience with CPUs more on the end of the AMD 5600/x and Intel 12100/12400/12600k etc.

Helping someone spec a BG3 focused build (for 1440p60) and trying to see what the minimum you can get away with. Something in the 5600/12400 + 7600/6700/3060/4060 range maybe.
I played with a Ryzen 5 5600X and typically ran at 4kp40. This doesn't answer your question since you asked about 60 fps but apart from a few places in Act 3 where I got stuttering when entering a crowded street I was able to run around 40 fps. I did not have the frame rate displayed with the Radeon overlap most of the time but I checked from time to time. I expect my GPU (Radeon 6750 XT) limited me more than the CPU but didn't verify this since I was fine with ~40 fps.

I'm still enjoying this, but it crashes like crazy. About once an hour.
I switched to DX11 after Vulkan started crashing on me somewhere in the Underdark. I've played many hours since then and not experienced any crashes.

theGeek-Nicolas-Cage-BG3.jpg

the game is sitting at a 96% Overwhelmingly Positive reviews with more than 500000 published reviews on Steam

Larian's cRPG masterpiece brought home four prizes, including the most coveted Game of the Year award and the Audience award. This is, of course, only the latest round of awards for the game based on Dungeons and Dragons.

Baldur's Gate 3 has snatched over two hundred GOTY awards so far, including at TGA, Golden Joystick, New York Game Awards, DICE Awards, NAVGTR Awards, Steam, and our own Awards. The game has also enjoyed enormous commercial success, which Larian confirmed has since surpassed 10 million units sold.

What a terrible decision they made today. No more BG3 content. They just left about a billion $ on the table.
do you mean this news?

Back