Australians are ripped off on games

Yep games are quite expensive in Pal-lands, but converting prices to US$ is misleading also. If and when the $ gets stronger the games in Europe will not become any cheaper to us, even if the dollar amount will be less...

Are you guys counting your salary the same way? making more and more when the dollar goes down.

Yeah, while I'm in Italy, I'm pretty much exclusively going to be buying games online. With the 20% VAT, I'm probably going to do so using a proxy in the US, too.

On the plus side, they're also banning more games here than ever before, so more people are becoming aware of the import option, which should put the comparative poke-in-the-eye Aussie pricing much more evident. On the downside, we have censored games for much more expensive prices :(

On the plus side, they're also banning more games here than ever before, so more people are becoming aware of the import option, which should put the comparative poke-in-the-eye Aussie pricing much more evident. On the downside, we have censored games for much more expensive prices :(

But importing banned games is illegal :( $5,500 fine.

We are also getting raped by religous extremists who want our Intarweb to have a clean feed. Why do people like voting in Communists? I hate the current government, I'd rather Bush starts WW3 than continue having fucking KRudd ruin my country.

Come across to WA, we'll eat coffee and dance together and have no need of these 'game' things! :p

I thought the UK was pretty fucked over with the US$360 price for Rock Band (which was US$169.99 in the US), but not only has Rock Band not yet been released in Australia yet, it will cost US$383 (and come out a month after Rock Band 2 in the US). :D

Australia. Come for the climate, leave for the games.

Come across to WA, we'll eat coffee and dance together and have no need of these 'game' things! :p

I thought the UK was pretty fucked over with the US$360 price for Rock Band (which was US$169.99 in the US), but not only has Rock Band not yet been released in Australia yet, it will cost US$383 (and come out a month after Rock Band 2 in the US). :D

Australia. Come for the climate, leave for the games.
Well, there's no way I'm sneaking that one past the lady in charge :cry:

Back