Aussies in trouble...

Hehe. While it's always nice to see that rare beast the Stuffed Sporting Aussie,
I hardly think that a handful of defeats on the trot spells the end for Australian domination of cricket (as our media seem to be wanting to portray this!).

at least oz hasnt lost to bangladesh, oh wait!! they have :p
( i was working in oz a couple of years ago when bangladesh was touring + heard many comments on radio by the oz cricketters along the lines (theyre not worthy opponents, we could send out our 8th grade team + still thrash them etc), even the aussie cricket council gave them a brown eye by playing the games in darwin + canbera
how i laughed when they lost later in england, after all the comments of 'them' not being worthy of polishing our shoes etc.
richie benaud's commentry would of been great, i can hear the speaking through clenched teeth, it would of pained him

anyways back to the current time, shit i knew i should of stuck $30 on the kiwis (TAB was paying $2.40, personally i would of rated both teams equal) + taken the gf to the pub to watch, would of been a fun evening

anyways ive got $50 on hurricanes tonight in blues vs hurricans (blues favourites), so might do it tonight instead, rugby

oz are still favourites i reckon for the wk, though $4.00 i'ld say (TAB is paying $2.25 for some reason) , WI are good odds at $10 TAB (the least favourite of the top tier nations)
i dont rate SA contrary to popular opinion

second string, yet over half the team is first pick players (ie theyre be going to the WK), can u tell me how that logic works? :D
true not having symonds + esp ponting hurt ( lee can be good on the right day )
the two openers gilchrist + hayden are defintly past their peak

btw close game last night in the rugby, didnt see it though (hurricanes won by 1 point :D ) lead swapped 5 times in the second half

btw on the subject of rugby ill mention this site free to play
http://www.telecomvirtualrugby.co.nz/
over 150,000 ppl playing, so prolly to late to win the game overall
if u do play u have to get the picks in the day before, i tried to input my choices at 9pm (the first game started 8 hours later), yet this was to late. WTF

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm i was betting on oz to win, after 2-0 up im sure the kiwis would of celebrated a bit with alcohol + their heads wouldnt of been 100% for this game
yeah would of been a good game to watch, perhaps the biggest oneday fightback in history (even bigger than the SA/oz game from last year
at 346 + 41/4 in reply its practically impossible to lose, yet somehow australia did!!!
oz have now given away the highest 4 run chases in history, prolly due to dominating so long, that when ppl apply pressure theyre unused to the feeling + lose it mentally.
ild luv to be in oz now, listening to the radio + papers, i can imagine the whinging/excuses
'secong string side'
'players didnt even want to come here'
'worthless tournament' etc

ive lived in oz for years, how on earth the poms are called whinging escapes me, when the english lose theyre accept it well, contrast that with the ozzies reaction

ive lived in oz for years, how on earth the poms are called whinging escapes me, when the english lose theyre accept it well, contrast that with the ozzies reaction

I think it's an affliction that effects both Australians and New Zealanders.

It's actually pretty disappointing. When we win it's 'wow what luck, but I bet we will lose the next game', and when we don't it's 'I told you so, they are losers'. It's the tall poppy syndrome. I think people are comfortable with losing, because you can blame someone else.

I for one thought the NZ team played really well throughout the commonwealth competition. Sure we only won two games, but we played quite consistently. Yet the media was more than happy to rip into them.

Credit where it is due, with the exception of the first game, Australia played very well. Neither side was full strength. And both matches were fantastic to watch

It's the tall poppy syndrome. I think people are comfortable with losing, because you can blame someone else.
a similar thing is 'dont look at me' like last night, i was in a pub quiz (had a orc + hobbit on my team from LOTR :D ), at the start u pick a subject where u get double points, yet from the 8 in our group i choose 'audio', my gf choose 'current events', 2 others choose 'general knowledge' + the 4 others said i dont know, you choose.
i argued against general knowledge (ive been in a few pub quizs + know that its usually the subject with the most esoteric questions, so word of advice to anyone in a pub quiz dont choose that subject for your joker )
btw we got general knowledge (which yes was ultimatly our worst subject)
kiwis are terrible at this (though i admit it has improved over the last decade), 'leaving it someone else'

Australia played very well. Neither side was full strength. And both matches were fantastic to watch

they batted well ( 330 + 340 runs) which doesnt bode well since who are they missing?

gilchrist - batter
ponting - batter
clark - batter
symonds - batter + parttime bowler (ie the 5th bowler)
lee - bowler

ie basically the stars are mostly batters, which they dont seem to have problems with, if u add these players to the team u gain 1.5 bowlers.
up until the last game i was picking oz to win the wk, but now im not to sure

we should run a sweepstake here for the cricket world cup
1 pt for choosing a win
2 points for picking the group leader
3 for each semi finalist picked
5 for each finalist
10 for picking the winner

Back