ATI HL2 voucher change?

Sxotty

Legend
Ok last spring I got a 9600XT and in the process a HL2 voucher. I went to the website at the time and looked at some forms and such to get HL2 mailed to me after it came out. At the time it said I needed my voucher which I kept. Now I went back to look and it says I need.

# Photocopy of the Half-Life® 2 Coupon showing your activation key code - exposed
# Original UPC (bar code) or the full product name cut from the ATI or Partner product package (Photocopies will not be accepted)
# Photocopy of sales receipt with the qualifying ATI or ATI partner 3D graphics board purchase circled
# Completed Fulfillment Order Form Confirmation Page

However I no longer have my receipt and upc. So am I insane or did they change the requirements? In any case I am a bit frustrated about the whole situation b/c I do not want to use steam.

The reason is simple my "gaming" computer has a 74gb HD which is fairly full, my other computer has a 200GB hard drive, but it is slow as a dog. If I could install steam on the other computer, and then play on this one I would be happy but I do not think that is an option...

They had these silly requirements when I got my voucher in December. I don't see why disk space is a Steam-specific issue though, if you don't have room to download the cache files you won't have room to install the game either. If it's a temporary thing, just back up the cache files onto CD/DVD or the slower PC.

It's trivially easy to copy cache files between different installs of Steam, just slap them in the folder then tell Steam to download the game, it'll spot the caches and you can start playing.

Ok, I thought it downloaded all the crap whether you wanted it or not. In other words I did not want to get HL1 and such. Anyway thx for the info.

At the moment I have 22GB free actually but I have been screwing with VHS--> DVD and that takes loads of disk space.

For games that are out, they'll only download if you ask them to. I think the HL2 pre-load contains only the HL2 content, and the CS: Source pre-load content came in the latest CS: Source Beta update, but I think for folks who aren't in on that it comes with the HL2 pre-load. And of course, you don't have to pre-load if you don't want to, you can just wait til it's released then specify which bits to grab.

Back