ATI... ARE you ready for more....

Actually I don think what was posted above about the teaser release is true at all.

When Ati released the Teaser for the 9700pro it was less than 2 full weeks till the previews went up by Anand and others. Then it was 30 Days later to the actual cards release.

This time around is a lot different. The Teaser is a very short period until the cards preview/Review. I dont think its going to be an additianal 30 day wait for the Made by ATi version of the R350 either. It should be made available via online ordering much sooner than its actual 3rd party Retail availability, which is early april.

For peeps that don't read the other forums, I'll repeat what I posted there below:

Seems that ATI's countdown wont be long, only 'til Wednesday March 5th.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,899268,00.asp
Nvidia Corp. has scheduled a launch of its "newest members of the GeForce FX family" for next week, while ATI Technologies will counter with its own technical briefing.
<<...snip...>>
Nvidia's launch, scheduled for the morning of Thursday, March 6, could encompass three candidates: the NV31 and NV34, more mainstream versions of the NV30 or GeForceFX;
<<...snip...>>
Meanwhile, ATI Technologies has scheduled a "technical briefing" the night before.
<<...snip...>>

Hellbinder[CE said:
]Actually I don think what was posted above about the teaser release is true at all.

When Ati released the Teaser for the 9700pro it was less than 2 full weeks till the previews went up by Anand and others. Then it was 30 Days later to the actual cards release.

This time around is a lot different. The Teaser is a very short period until the cards preview/Review. I dont think its going to be an additianal 30 day wait for the Made by ATi version of the R350 either. It should be made available via online ordering much sooner than its actual 3rd party Retail availability, which is early april.

You may be right, it might have seemed even longer then it actually was. Seems in this industry you get a 2 day blow out and find yourself waiting nearly 6 months for the next. So it may be that I recalled that wrong, one full month does seem like a long time periode. Maybe I am getting it confused a bit with nvidias "are you ready?" slogan. ;)

Has the vertex output of the FX ultra now fallen too same as R300 or is it just a typo on TerraTec´s page, not really that it matter´s. The store also has the Barton(All models/not for sale yet but soon) so it seem´s we swedes finally is Numero ONE in the big companys eyes! :D

Maybe we get the R350 in a week or two.. ;)

Online ordering ins't very useful to me as (in a typical north american continent way ;) ) their online system doesn't seem to think the rest of the world exists :p :(

everything is lining up the same way with the 9700 Pro launch. 2 weeks before announcement/previews we see the teaser, a ~month later we see real reviews and shipments start... wait, I've said too much :D

seems some of you guys already know the launch plans anyway (nice hint MuFu ;))

Humus are you at ATI now or?
Really nice jobb you have done with all your demo´s and the latest artikles!
I asked this before but do you know any good "kvällskurser eller liknande"
in Göteborg/Gothenbourg in learning much of the "basics" in C++ etc and 3dstmax?

overclocked said:
Humus are you at ATI now or?
Really nice jobb you have done with all your demo´s and the latest artikles!
I asked this before but do you know any good "kvällskurser eller liknande"
in Göteborg/Gothenbourg in learning much of the "basics" in C++ etc and 3dstmax?

Yup, I'm at ATi now.
I have no idea about any courses or anything else in Göteborg.

Hmmmmm

9800pro.jpg

Joe DeFuria said:
What am I missing here? (What's on that slide that should stand out as unexpected or new?)

Just a confirmation that the R350 will be called the Radeon 9800 and it's using DDR1. I don't think we've seen any confirmation from anybody other than The Inquirer, correct?

Tommy McClain

AzBat said:
Joe DeFuria said:
What am I missing here? (What's on that slide that should stand out as unexpected or new?)

Just a confirmation that the R350 will be called the Radeon 9800 and it's using DDR1. I don't think we've seen any confirmation from anybody other than The Inquirer, correct?

Tommy McClain

No, I wouldn't call the "Inquirer" confirmation...I'm pretty sure it was repeating information that was indicated elsewhere. The thing about the Inquirer is they don't let considerations such as verification or confirmation enter the picture in what they report. If they pick the right sources, it results in them having the scoop.
Seems to work pretty well with the general low standards of internet journalism, as the evidence of sloppiness and a basic disregard for fact checking is quite often forgotten and only the details mentioned that happen to match up to reality (in some regard) seem to be remembered in the long run... (as you've just demonstrated, I think. :p ).

Back