Ati and nVidia trashing each other

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Who let the dogs out? :oops:
Why don't I hear about Ati/nV taking shots at each other more often?

Both companies take shots at each other subtly but very rarely do they take shots at each other loudly.

http://www.techspot.com/story16501.html

nVidia:
"The Nvidia mailers, quoting a US-based review site, pointed out that ATI had problems with USB on its newest Radeon Xpress 200 chipsets. The USB controller in the Radeon Xpress 200 south bridge is about half the speed of Intel and VIA solutions, and it uses twice as much CPU time."

Ati:
"We can point out 100 flaws with Nvidia drivers and its cards. They cheat the consumers all the time. We can actually kill them as our products are far better. We take the interest of the consumers at large, unlike Nvidia. The users of Nvidia 6800 GT will realize that its technology is not good enough to support the next generation graphics that Longhorn or 64-bit needs." - Suki Matharu, country manager, ATI India.

ativsnvidia.gif

K.I.L.E.R said:
The users of Nvidia 6800 GT will realize that its technology is not good enough to support the next generation graphics that Longhorn or 64-bit needs." - Suki Matharu, country manager, ATI India.

What on earth has 6800 GT got to do with 64-bit processing?

Mendel said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
The users of Nvidia 6800 GT will realize that its technology is not good enough to support the next generation graphics that Longhorn or 64-bit needs." - Suki Matharu, country manager, ATI India.

What on earth has 6800 GT got to do with 64-bit processing?

What's funnier is, what doesn't the 6800 have that the X800 has, with regards to Longhorn performance... or 64-bit needs? :LOL:

london-boy said:
What's funnier is, what doesn't the 6800 have that the X800 has, with regards to Longhorn performance... or 64-bit needs? :LOL:
Is ATi & nVidia's PCIe interface the same and would that be something? (I really don't know, but it popped into me head reading your question LB)

Spaceman-Spiff said:
Those are all just marketing talk. Like: Our product is 100x better than our competition... :p
QFT.
Marketing is where the real battle is ;)

Himself said:
Don't you hate sites that have clickable highlights on random words leading to spam?
That's a fairly new form of advertising. When you hover over them they popup an advertisment type tooltip too. It's javascript based, so if it pisses you off you can disable javascript in your browser to get rid of it.

digitalwanderer said:
london-boy said:
Is ATi & nVidia's PCIe interface the same and would that be something? (I really don't know, but it popped into me head reading your question LB)

I dunno... my guess is that ATi must be smoking something hallucinogenic...

Back