Assembly 2010

The Ceasefore demo is a fantastic demonstration of some really unique particle effects, but it requires an absolutely massive amount of VRAM to run fluidly and my 4870x2 struggles, although this might just be the cause of the usual NV optimised code often seen at such events.

I am a massive fan of ASD and their entry is up there with the best they have done.

The 64k compo seems a bit weak this year though, which is a shame.

For sure they are all worth watching, but I would always have preferred to have been at the event and watching them on the screen! ;)

I like the raymarching 4k demo 'Collideride' by Digimind & Silent the most, well in fact I love most of the raymarching demos of the last 12 months or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
ea

yeah, I was there of course.. this year Assembly was a real treat in every way, almost like the first ones 1992 1993, where heat was more than enough. 2nd place for demo, 2nd place for oldskooldemo and 3rd for our other groups 4K was also nice. Paid my trip to Helsinki and back ;)

Raymarching aint over although its becoming another "ribbon" effect. Theres so much to study...

Mmendez: Youtube's AssemblyTV channel now has all the participants if you really dont have Windows..

See you ppl at Stream 2010 http://streamparty.org/

Yes congratulations of course for your demo entry, very fancy, but I demand it run better on my PC! It brings my 4870x2 to its knees at anything close to my monitors native resolution of 1920x1200!

Back