Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

I wanna see the first dev who has the balls to claim "stability and performance completely unchanged for this one folks"

Ubisoft belike...
tenor.gif

They achieved parity by making the PS5 version worse, lol.

edit: Apparently the PS5 version on performance mode has exactly a dip in frames every 15 seconds, doesn't matter what's happening on the screen. I mean, lol.

I put about six hours into the updated PS5 version yesterday and noticed zero differences performance-wise. :nope: I believe John if DF says it's worse, but for me it's not noticeably worse. As posted above, it's not noticeable different apart from UI changes.

I put about six hours into the updated PS5 version yesterday and noticed zero differences performance-wise. :nope: I believe John if DF says it's worse, but for me it's not noticeably worse. As posted above, it's not noticeable different apart from UI changes.

Performance mode. Notice the dip every 15 seconds or so.

Performance mode. Notice the dip every 15 seconds or so.

I'm not denying it, I can see it on he graph but as I've said before I'm one of those people who is sensitive to tearing but not so much to fluctuating frame rate, it has to massively inconsistent or drop really low for me to notice it. I tried Dirt 5 in 120hz mode and could barely perceive a benefit benefit over the 60hz mode.

I'm not denying it, I can see it on he graph but as I've said before I'm one of those people who is sensitive to tearing but not so much to fluctuating frame rate, it has to massively inconsistent or drop really low for me to notice it. I tried Dirt 5 in 120hz mode and could barely perceive a benefit benefit over the 60hz mode.

:runaway::runaway:

PEASANT ALERT ¡¡¡¡

PEASANT ALERT ¡¡¡

:runaway::runaway::runaway:

To be honest I think the brain does a pretty good job getting used to things. I'm playing Fallen Order on PC at 30fps on a 144hz monitor, first it was hard but after a couple of hours playing started to feel fluid.

Seems PS5 version only have FPS problem if you update it from previous patch.
For PSN version, remove the game , install it again will solve the problem.
So it may or may not be ubisoft at fault.
Early teething problems.

TLDR:

- XBSX almost locked at 60fps but drops to 1080p.
- XBSS with dips and drops to 675p.
- PS5 with dips and drops to 1368p.

So for XBSX they've increased the framerate by allowing the resolution to drop to 1080p and somehow they managed to make PS5 fps worse even with a drop in res.

Honestly if I were a PS5 user I wouldn't update, lower fps and lower res.

edit:
Total torn frames on PS5 pre patch: 865, and post patch: 2668.

Welp

edit2:

Framedrops on PS5 seem to be happening on one concrete area, the rest is pretty stable performance looks equal to XBSX.

Last edited by a moderator:

TLDR:

- XBSX almost locked at 60fps but drops to 1080p.
- XBSS with dips and drops to 675p.
- PS5 with dips and drops to 1368p.

So for XBSX they've increased the framerate by allowing the resolution to drop to 1080p and somehow they managed to make PS5 fps worse even with a drop in res.

Honestly if I were a PS5 user I wouldn't update, lower fps and lower res.

edit:

Welp

edit2:

Framedrops on PS5 seem to be happening on one concrete area, the rest is pretty stable performance looks equal to XBSX.

I don't understand why the XSS would need to go so low to simply to maintain 30fps.

Why would Ubisoft drop the resolution lower on Series X but keep PS5 higher? Last play session on Series X I noticed more aliasing. :/

The first and quick dirty solution Dev's can use on gaining back performance is lowering internal render targets or resolutions, in this case setting a lower dynamic render bound for XBSX, which PS5 mayn't need (especially considering the prior performance before the patch). And the additional aliasing can be a result of lower IQ settings, or degradation from the aforementioned lowering the lower bound [res] of the dynamic resolution.

Back