Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Interesting. Both the PS5 and XSX are showing significantly shorter loading times here than they do in this video:

I also note the PS5 is missing several slash screens that are present on the XSX and PC which can't be clicked past. The PC has one more than the XSX here too

For the record on my mechanical HDD he same sequence takes about 1m 28s.

Interesting. Both the PS5 and XSX are showing significantly shorter loading times here than they do in this video:

I also note the PS5 is missing several slash screens that are present on the XSX and PC which can't be clicked past. The PC has one more than the XSX here too

For the record on my mechanical HDD he same sequence takes about 1m 28s.
As far as I know, PS5 allows skipping slash screens if the game runs a second time. Neat feature I think.

This must be an older build of the game. On PS5, cold boot to Continue to in-game around around 30-40 seconds on the latest patch.

Yes load time can vary from place to place in the game or even using the same save, at least on PC. I assume it also depends on how busy the Ubisoft servers are at the "checking for updates stage". Interestingly the splash screens that feature in the PC and XSX versions, but not the PS5 version can be removed from the PC version which cuts a big chunk off the load time. I was measuring about 1:30-1:45 on my current save and that's dropped to about 1:10-1:20 with the splash screens removed. Not bad for a 7200rpm HDD!

Yes load time can vary from place to place in the game or even using the same save, at least on PC[
Fast travel, anyway in Norway to England to the other is around 5-6 seconds on PS5. Ok, it's not Spider-Man, bit it's pretty good. :yes:

I am liking nextgen..

patch introduces some game breaking bugs like inability to save or fast travel.

hold off

What platform? I've been playing the patched version all day on PS5 and saved and fast travelled a bunch without issues. In have not noticed any other changes other than the performance/graphics option in settings and that all the runes in the inventory are ordered by type now.

What platform? I've been playing the patched version all day on PS5 and saved and fast travelled a bunch without issues. In have not noticed any other changes other than the performance/graphics option in settings and that all the runes in the inventory are ordered by type now.
reports from xbox side for now. doesnt seem universal, but to all owners, so i'm not sure what's wrong

I don't believe they have made any changes/improvements to the graphics side, given that the patch note talks about "improved experience" my guess is they are just allowing the resolution on XBSX to drop a bit further to prevent those FPS drops.

They also stated "Improved stability and performance" in general.

Picked this up yesterday and so far I'm really enjoying. I've tried assassin's creed games in the past and haven't been able to get into them but I really like this so far.

Back