article on wsj on nalu and ruby

I would rather have the realistic demos rather than a single character demo with good hair and rediculous everything else. I havn't seen a good picture of Ruby but I think Nalu looks dumb. Real women (and mermaids :rolleyes: ) don't look like that.

Yeah, I think they chose a mermaid because of the hair. Underwater, the physics of hair is a fair bit easier to model (besides it's pretty much the only way they could show off the depth-based lighting of the hair....).

I really hate myself for saying this, but from the limited and bad scans I've seen I think I'm hot for a virtual woman. :rolleyes:

My vote is for Ruby, BIG TIME!!! (<---Not a faanboy comment, a redhead preferring male-chauvanistic pig comment maybe, but not a faanboy one!)

Heathen said:
When have you seen a mermaid with that sort of chest covering? At the very least nvidia could do us a favour and show off her assets correctly. ;)
Oh, I guarantee you we'll have a community dedicated to the proper stimulation of testoterone working for better breasts!

The549 said:
...Real women (and mermaids :rolleyes: ) don't look like that.
"and mermaids" dude. I'm almost sure that the mermaids I've seen look better. Though at least we don't have to wonder at the male/female ratio at the nv lan party--"yeah you look ok, but these rendered mermaids are hotter." hmm

Real mermaids, eh? Are these those mermaids you've seen while taking combinations of acid, pot, and alcohol?

Sxotty said:
I am sorry but an argument over whether tech demos should look like games, or be "sterile" and have one super detailed person is just silly. In all things you must choose your IHV and say they did the "right" thing bleh..

Amen. This argument is retarded. I don't recall seeing a definition of what should constitute a technology demo. Actually given the premise I would lean towards Nvidia's take on it. A tech demo is a chance to 'show-off' so you should go all out.

Chalnoth said:
Real mermaids, eh? Are these those mermaids you've seen while taking combinations of acid, pot, and alcohol?

Ok, I'll confess; I have an (apparently) abnormal preference for actual women :oops: . But as for Nalu, (t3chnically speaking) amazing. Especially the hair.

Crusher said:
jvd said:
I normaly bring 80$ to a bar for the night if i plan on trying to hook up. my friend ends up drinking 80$ and only brings 5$ for the cab ride home .

That's rediculous. A cab costs at least $15.

Not when you split it with other people in your party . THe cab ride home is normaly 8bucks then 2$ tip. We aren't very far from the club . About one town over .

the goal space travel has prolly always been to make it with hot alien babes.
go where no man has ever gone before as they say..

And it does look like the goal of the graphics industry is to render women
obsolete, by rendering them in 3d..

"hey bill, meet my wife 3.0"
"wow has she gained polygons? mail me those jugs, i want them on my
wife too"

The549 said:
Ok, I'll confess; I have an (apparently) abnormal preference for actual women :oops: . But as for Nalu, (t3chnically speaking) amazing. Especially the hair.
What's this about actual women? Touching is overrated.... :)

The549 said:
Real women (and mermaids :rolleyes: ) don't look like that.

This has to be the best quote ever.

I will keep it I think. I always wondered what real mermaids looked like myself, and fairies too lol, how pathetic can it get.

The549 said:
Too bad you haven't seen a mermaid.
To bad you haven't had ... nevermind ;)
I do prefer Nalu, much less "PC game tyme girl" than Ruby.
IMG0007674_1.jpg

can this thread sink any lower?

I highly doubt nVidia is going for any technical awards when they create their "babe" demos. They are going for the "geek likes girly" factor. "Wow did you see that nVidia demo? That babe was made up of 1 billion poly's and she is hot!" It's easier to be impressed by something technical when it's also something you like.

You could come up with a demo that showcases a pile of mud in the most accurate, realitic way possible and it could be a technical triumph. But no one wants to see that. This is a lot more about marketing than technical achievments or technology showcases.

for all i care they could have used a walrus instead, but I guess this sells better..
the hair is one of the impressive things here i guess, the female shape
beneath it is less important, yet the skin of that shape is also one of the
things at display..

Back