Are you going to get GTA4?

Are you going to get GTA4?

• Total voters

Laa-Yosh

I can has custom title?
Legend
Supporter
Now that the game's release is pretty close, I thought it'd be interesting to make a little poll about it... so let's see who's gonna play!

Edit: okay, let me clarify - if you're not really sure, or only gonna get it when it goes platinum or so, then you should choose the "No" option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna get it for sure. I missed all the previous ones and I just got a PS3 so might as well do something with it :) This is my first time back in the console game since my super nintendo days so I'm looking forward to seeing how the other side lives for a change.

Not sure, I got bored very quickly with all versions except for GTA3, so I am a bit on the fence.

No way. I am thinking about getting a PS3 this summer, but I can't think of a major series that interests me less than GTA.

I first thought that was going to be GTA popularity poll,
"Which version" poll is fine too but what about "maybe, X version" options?
Cannot vote now. Instead I vote for a re-poll. :(

I really tried to get into this series but after 4 attempts, I'm going to pass on this one.

I'm getting it for PS3 only because my 360 is now in someone elses house. Had I still had both, I would of chosen the 360 version over PS3 for the DLC alone.

I'm getting it for PS3 definitely.
Just to complete the series though. I have all the other games on PC (didn't have a ps2), except for San Andreas, so might as well get this one.
I honestly never finished one of them before, but I do like them.

I bought San Andreas and played it right up to and including the spray painting missions ... yes. In other words, I'm really not sure yet. The videos that I've seen really didn't make me that excited just yet. On the other hand, it feels like a game I should have and I know a lot of my friends will get it. The PSP multiplayer modes were very popular with one of my friends and his PSP owning friends, so maybe that alone will prove worth it (which would mean I have no choice but to get the PS3 version, because my friends are old and therefore all own PS3s ... :D )

I'm holding out for a PC version. I'll give it 3 months, 6 on the outside but if I haven't heard any reliable news by then I'll bite and get the 360 version.

The PC version is going to sell like utter crap cakes though. I reckon pretty much everyone who wants this game going to pick it up earlier for one of the consoles even if that means buying a console to do so.

Its a shame because if it had had a simultaneous release it would have done much better on PC (than it otherwise will).

I imagine I will get the game at some point, just not any time soon. I never owned the previous games, but I did play some of GTA3 and Vice City (friend brought it over). It was fun for awhile, but I could never really get engaged enough that I would want to buy them at full price.

I played all of the previous versions on the PC, thankfully. My brother was playing Vice City on the PS2 and it looked horrible. It gave me headaches, with all the blurring and framerate drops. I'm really hoping the experience on the PS3 and 360 is top notch. Gettin' the 360 version on day 1, if I can find a copy.

Probably a Yes, for the PS3. Must say, I'm extremely sceptical though. Loved the GTA3 (on PS2) from a gameplay perspective but loathed the framerate. From leaked in-game footage on the net, I must say it still looks and moves like an interactive slideshow. :-/ Will decide if I'll buy or not when I see this running at a retailer first to see if it's playable enough for me. :D

Im getting it for the X360 launch day.

If I already had a PS3, I would get it for that console for certain reasons.

I dont know how long the PC version will arrive but you can count on me getting that version aswell. GTA on the consoles is great, but GTA on PC's is GODLY

I have bought III/VC/SA for the PC last generation and borrowed the 3 games from friends to play on PS2/Xbox (confusing, I know)

Sorry guys, it's a day 1 for me (on the PS3) if the protagonist is a hot, sexy mafia woman. Now I'm on the fence.

I really think the multiplayer will make this worthy of a day 1 purchase. GTA4 will be the most dramatic change in the series since GTA3. That would sound pretty stupid if you didn't know about Vice City and San Andreas ;)

Never got into the series as such, played GTA: Liberty City on the PSP and I did enjoy it, not enough to actually finish the game though. However, going by IGN's 10/10 review, I've decided to pick it up. To quote the reviewer:

Without question, Grand Theft Auto IV is the best game since Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

That's a bold claim.

Cannot wait to play this game. Glowing reviews thus far for both versions.

I only have one console, so PS3 version for me.

Back