Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, are you using POM?

No I have it disabled becosue if I use POM I loose anisotropic filtering which I hold higher due to crisper visuals. However Crysis games still use parallax mapping even with POM disabled (Parallax Occlusion Mapping). Obviously POM looks better than parallax mapping but still better than just normalmaps!

And may I please know what your r_motionblur is set at? For some reason I do not get that "half" blurred effect without zooming in with my gun.

It is the scene depth of field effect and is only adjustable in editor (SandBox 2). Crysis already has it for all maps though it is set to far distance and soft strength. You might want to take a look at YSFX DOF edition TODs for something along the lines.

IIRC there should be a dynamic view point DOF effect mod at www.crymod.com . It changes DOF strength and distance based on view point focus.

No I have it disabled becosue if I use POM I loose anisotropic filtering which I hold higher due to crisper visuals. However Crysis games still use parallax mapping even with POM disabled (Parallax Occlusion Mapping). Obviously POM looks better than parallax mapping but still better than just normalmaps!

It is the scene depth of field effect and is only adjustable in editor (SandBox 2). Crysis already has it for all maps though it is set to far distance and soft strength. You might want to take a look at YSFX DOF edition TODs for something along the lines.

IIRC there should be a dynamic view point DOF effect mod at www.crymod.com . It changes DOF strength and distance based on view point focus.
Hey Nebula, thanks for the links. I will check out the DOF mods. I enjoy the extra bit of blur, it helps makes Crysis look even more interesting.

For those of you using ATi to play Mirrors Edge, what sort of performance are you getting?

Also, how do you enable AO in that game using catalyst? I had a look in TDengine.ini, and I modified it so AO was turned on but I'm not 100% sure that it is working as it should (don't notice any frame drops but I do notice a bit of extra shadowing underneath every object).

For those of you using ATi to play Mirrors Edge, what sort of performance are you getting?

Also, how do you enable AO in that game using catalyst? I had a look in TDengine.ini, and I modified it so AO was turned on but I'm not 100% sure that it is working as it should (don't notice any frame drops but I do notice a bit of extra shadowing underneath every object).

I'm vSync ON for this title, so constant 60FPS on my 5870 and PII 3.5GHz.
1920x1200x4

Beautiful game from architectural point of view! I love this engine!

If you're talking about ME, only Nvdia cards can enable AO. Unless ATI released something recently that I haven't heard about.

I'm quite sure it's using Unreal Engine 3.

Yes,

"With Mirror's Edge we deliberately set out to create something that was different from Battlefield. Frostbite is a very powerful engine but this project started a long time ago and at that time Frostbite was still being developed and was very closely supporting the Battlefield Bad Company team.

"Because of this we made the decision to develop on UNREAL technology. In addition, because we have a very unique art-style in the game we have been developing a new lighting solution that truly makes Mirror's Edge stand-out visually."

But I meant architectural as buildings ;)
Sorry I wasn't clear in my first post :oops:

Hey I vote that AMD sponsor Nebula to keep coming up with even better shots! Who's with me?! :D

I am still running down to my mail every day to check if the 5870 has arrived with a ATI postcard and Daves autograph. ;( :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back