Aquanox 3 - how widely will its pixel shaders use fp32?

g__day

Regular
Is anyone else a member of the Aquanox forums? Seeing how they try and be helpful I posted there asking how widely their new title will use high colour precision.

http://forum.aquamark3.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78

Their MD and lead programmer are really dancing around the answer, we us it where its needed - how frequently is that? - when is needed - that's a great answer.

So far this thread has received 800+ views but unless someone else starts querying them they will probably hope teh question fades into oblivion.

Too they danced around when I asked to their satff prefer to use NVidia or ATi cards to play this one - not what fps they will get or which is better - but what are teh personal preferences of the development team.

Unfortunately they are quick to evade answering questions that might show their intents.

If you are interest take a look, if you are real interested spare 2 minutes to join their forum and ask a question about a major DX9 PS 2.0 shader based game that is very soon to be released.

I didn't read the Aquanox forum thread but I have a question wrt your thread header :

"fp32" ... do you mean 32-bit float textures or 32-bit floating point in general? There's a big difference.

Back