April Fool's Day

The leading Norwegian digital camera news and review site already posted two articles, one announcing a left handed Nikon D40x "L" (with all the parts of the camera being physically mirrored), and the other seeking beta-testers for upcoming cameras. Seeing as how DSLRs are a field of evolving tech with at least as much feelings and rumormongering as 3D-tech, the latter should provide a lot of applicants :)

_
K

Ugh... April Fool's Day + Internet. Makes the day near useless for web surfing, and then you have all the reverberations of misinformation felt the following week.

Ugh... April Fool's Day + Internet. Makes the day near useless for web surfing, and then you have all the reverberations of misinformation felt the following week.
Ugh yea this is going to be annoying again. Guess I'm going to spend the next few days catching up with my reading.

The Google one is pretty good, I find when it takes you to various links that they couldn't make a page for and their explanations rather hilarious.

Today is the 50th anniversary of what the Museum of Hoaxes ranks the No. 1 April Fool's Day prank of all time: the BBC's spoof documentary about Switzerland's "spaghetti crop" harvest. To the flurry of calls from viewers wanting to know how they could grow their own spaghetti trees, the network replied, "place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best." (museumofhoaxes.com)

On the other end of the scale, here's the late Uday (son of Saddam) Hussein's idea of an April Fool's joke: On April 1, 1998, a newspaper that he owned ran a story proclaiming that U.S. President Clinton would lift sanctions against Iraq. (April Fool's!) One year later, Uday announced that monthly food rations would now include bananas, chocolate and Pepsi. (museumofhoaxes.com)

I did my own one at work. As the IT Manager for a real estate firm, I sent a company wide email advising all employees that their email would be purged up until today's date due to space issues on the mail server. Many panicking emails, only a few people clued on :)

Back