Any info on ATi's Xpress200 rev 2 motherboard?

I thought ATi was going to debut it at the Texas overclocking competition, but apparently they didn't. Especially when they had an NDA for pics of the MB, but I guess that was for something else.

Anyone have any info on when we could see it released (including anything on AMR/MVP)?

Yes. I saw those pictures. Very nice. They show the motherboard only having one 16xPCIe slot. So if ATi is going to have a multiple video card response to nVidia's SLI, it's not with that motherboard. That means anything they may have isn't being released for another month or so.

That's pretty lame. I was hoping for more Bullhead info this last weekend, but even afterwards there hasn't been any specific details about it (even what the highest HTT achieved, highest 1T, highest whatever). It's almost like it was a practice round for ATi engineers by giving the boards to overclockers to see what else ATi needs to do in the upcoming months.

*Sigh* I really needed a PCIe motherboard for a computer I am making, & was hoping for ATi's response, but it looks like for anybody who wants a good PCIe MB for a seven month+ period only Nforce4 is the way to go.

The hardware for the AMR was said to be ready around end of Dec/Jan. Now the only problem(not counting lack of interest from vendors) they are facing now is dealing with the driver and load balancing issue between different family chips.

Hardware wise, they probably have a respin of the chipset silicon at around end of February/March and have the engineering sample Mobo out by mid to end of April. They are ready to put in advancement in the peripheral-side, most likely a gigE controller or such.

They are pushing to have the product out in Summer. However, the response from different board manufacturers aren't that good. So far, from what I heard only Asus and MSI are considering it. FIC can't help much since they are not really in the high end performance sector. The high performance DFI NF4 board essentially kill off the chances for Ati to lure some potential manufacturers into building the mobo.

Karma Police said:
*Sigh* I really needed a PCIe motherboard for a computer I am making, & was hoping for ATi's response, but it looks like for anybody who wants a good PCIe MB for a seven month+ period only Nforce4 is the way to go.

There is the Via K8T890 you know, unless you want SLi (I don't know why anyone would :p ).

It seems that Saphire will be getting into the motherboard enthusiast arena. Expect to see some announcements of it at CeBit. There should also be availability of it soon. ATI just updated their list of motherboard manufacturers using RADEON XPRESS 200 series to include Saphire.

Sapphire Technology
RADEON® XPRESS 200
Model: A56
Form Factor: micro-ATX
Socket: 939
CPU: AMD Sempronâ„¢, AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64, AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 FX
Features: PCI Express slot x16, SATA, 10/100 Ethernet LAN, Integrated Audio, USB 2.0

RADEON® XPRESS 200P
Model: A58
Form Factor: ATX
Socket: 939
CPU: AMD Sempronâ„¢, AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64, AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 FX
Features: PCI Express x16 with external graphics, SATA , 10/100 Ethernet LAN, Integrated Audio, USB 2.0

Here is a mini-pic of the mATX Saphire board:
Sapphireboard.jpg

At least Saphire wasn't listed there the other day when I checked from work.

Back