AMD: Southern Islands (7*** series) Speculation/ Rumour Thread

Seems fine to me compared to nVidia's offering. From the same article, Kepler will be somewhere around 2TF for SP.
My interpretation of that is more like 2.5TF, possibly even 3TF, depending on the power definition nvidia uses there for the 5gflop/w DP figure (we all know GTX 580 uses more power than the TDP figure at full load). 2TF would be hardly faster than GTX580 (well as far as peak flop rate is concerned at least), only 25% more. I'd definitely expect more.

My interpretation of that is more like 2.5TF, possibly even 3TF, depending on the power definition nvidia uses there for the 5gflop/w DP figure (we all know GTX 580 uses more power than the TDP figure at full load). 2TF would be hardly faster than GTX580 (well as far as peak flop rate is concerned at least), only 25% more. I'd definitely expect more.

Yeah I guess so. The M2090 is rated at 3 gflop/w and it has about 20% lower clocks than the 580. If the Kepler Tesla part is 5gflop/w and there's a similar clock bump on the high end consumer part then it could be north of 2.5TF SP. Still only 60% more flops than the 580 though.

In any case 2TF is a pretty lowball estimate for GCN. 32 CU's at 850Mhz would pull ~3.5TF.

In any case 2TF is a pretty lowball estimate for GCN. 32 CU's at 850Mhz would pull ~3.5TF.
Is there any reason to suspect that a ~32 CU version of GCN would have a significantly lower clock speed than 850 MHz?

Any reasonable clock speed would still give considerably over 2 TF though. Either the estimate is off or it's fewer CUs.

Since I'm not as technically savvy as others on here, did the slides state that each individual ALU in GCN will be able to do 2 SP Flops per clock? I just assumed it would still be able to.

It implies some kind of connection or direction of data flow, I think. Another interpretation would be that it indicates how the SIMDs rotate instruction issue, but that is inconsistent with the usage elsewhere.

It aligns with the arrow for the branch and msg (edit: or not the msg bus, the label space is kind of cramped up there) bus, so it could just be a continuation of the arrow from there indicating they all have a connection to it. There is something like it for the arrows linking the SIMDs to the data cache and vector decode.
Either there is a link between them too, or it's just another indicator of a similar data path that was combined into a single arrow for space reasons. The message bus is unidirectional, so the arrows are as well. The data connection is bidirectional, and is either between the SIMDs or a simplification of the bidirectional cache path.

All the technical details aside, do we expect them to stick with a 256 bit bus? Presumably they'll be able to up the GDDR5 speed to 6 ghz (from what i gather, it cant be pushed much further?). But this is hardly a 10% increase in b/w from Cayman. If their aim is to double performance over Cayman, im guessing they will be b/w constrained. So whats on the cards? 384 bit? Not sure they'd need or whether they'd be even willing to try 512 bit after their experience with R600.

Thanks. That's the only reason I could think of that would give ~2TFlops of SP but it would be such a huge step backwards, according to my minimal understanding.

:?:

That's exactly what current ALUs can do, why would that be a step backwards?

All the technical details aside, do we expect them to stick with a 256 bit bus? Presumably they'll be able to up the GDDR5 speed to 6 ghz (from what i gather, it cant be pushed much further?). But this is hardly a 10% increase in b/w from Cayman. If their aim is to double performance over Cayman, im guessing they will be b/w constrained. So whats on the cards? 384 bit? Not sure they'd need or whether they'd be even willing to try 512 bit after their experience with R600.

Hynix demonstrated 7GHz GDDR5 way back in December 2009 (here) so by now it should be possible to put that kind of memory on a graphics card.

That said, it would probably be more power-efficient to go for a 384-bit bus with 5.8~6.0GHz, while offering more bandwidth as well. 512-bit buses are costly, manageable, and that wasn't R600's biggest flaw. I wouldn't expect them to use one this time, though, it doesn't fit their sweetspot strategy.

256-/384-bit is a (power-efficiency × performance) vs. (cost × complexity) trade-off… But it's really hard to predict where things will land without any quantitative data for either option.

Oh and Southern Islands has quite a bit more cache than Cayman, so this may offset the need for higher bandwidth somewhat.

Which, additionally, would be a pretty good match for a linear projection of recent GPU capabilities from X1000 series onwards.

Is there any reason to suspect that a ~32 CU version of GCN would have a significantly lower clock speed than 850 MHz?
I'd not be surprised if the fastest chip would have a lower frequency, though I wouldn't expect that much lower (maybe 750-800Mhz). At least the current designs require too much voltage to be able to run at the 850-900Mhz frequencies with good power efficiency compared to the lower clocked parts. And power draw (and hence also thermal) problems certainly won't get any better.

I'd not be surprised if the fastest chip would have a lower frequency, though I wouldn't expect that much lower (maybe 750-800Mhz). At least the current designs require too much voltage to be able to run at the 850-900Mhz frequencies with good power efficiency compared to the lower clocked parts. And power draw (and hence also thermal) problems certainly won't get any better.
Well, Cypress/5870 wasn't that bad in that regard.

There are enough "all I care about is raw performance, noise and power matter not"-enthusiasts out there though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one SKU at a power envelope similar to 6970.

an awful lot of comparison instructions(?!?)
Hmm lots of cmps indeed. Anyone know what they do? I mean there's a full set of them for each operator (ne, lt and so on) on all datatypes (f32, f64, u32, u64, i32, i64) but what's the cmp/cmpx/cmps/cmpsx doing (though the "s" versions are only for floats - maybe versions ignoring/not ignoring sign)?
Compare element wise with scalar?
Coming back to the compares. Rpg.314 gave already a possible explanation for the comps instructions. I just stumbled across one for the cmpx and cmpsx. Just look at the description of the instruction format:

img0032679_1acia.jpg

It mentions the compare instructions can optionally directly update the execution mask for the lanes. And it also shows that quite a few instructions have 9 bits for encoding one of the source operands, while the vector and scalar ops actually just need 8 or 7 bits to address a register, respectively (i.e. each thread can address 256 vector and 128 scalar registers max). Those source reg instruction fields are also those, which doesn't specify if it refers to a scalar of vector register (or LDS). So probably rpg.314 guessed right, as the slide also mentions the possibility to broadcast a scalar reg to the vector ALUs.
And the instruction format enables to encode exactly 256 compare ops, AMD needed to fill those ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Cypress/5870 wasn't that bad in that regard.
You also have to consider though that the lower-end versions are probably using worse chips, where basically all chips have to qualify.

There are enough "all I care about is raw performance, noise and power matter not"-enthusiasts out there though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one SKU at a power envelope similar to 6970.
Oh, I'm not suggesting the power envelope wouldn't be similar to HD6970 even with reduced clocks...

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/06/29/amd-southern-islands-possible-for-september/

What is going on with Southern Islands, the next generation ATI (NYSE:AMD) graphics card? When is it coming out? What is it? The last one, what is it, is easy. AMD told us all about it at Fusion 11, or at least the shader architecture, so the only open questions are how many of them, and when will we see it? Both are dictated by TSMC’s 28nm process, or are they?
OffiCIal word is that TSMC is coming out with 28nm products in Q3 of this year, that would be some time from next week to the end of September. Given the foundry’s track record on 40nm, we are fairly skeptical about this. Moles say that 28nm non-HKMG is doing just peachy, but the 28nm HKMG process is having the proverbial issues. Lets hope these are the normal bring up/teething issues and things are on time for the sake of the entire industry.
Back to Southern Islands (SI). At Computex, AMD was telling all the vendors Q1, which means TSMC would start ramping in Q4, and have volume in Q1, but in reality, don’t count on things going well. The problem is that other sources are now saying that things are going really really well, and signs are looking like it is September-ish, not February-ish.
If you look at when SI taped out, chips could possibly be on the market in mid-Q3. That date assumes that TSMC is willing, able, and has wafer starts to spare. SemiAccurate is pretty sure that the first is true, the third looks somewhat questionable, and the second is the open question. Considering that there are Apple chips coming off the line now, quite possibly 28nm Apple chips, then that means that TSMC is able, but puts wafer availability in serious doubt.
One other slim but intriguing possibility surrounds SI, is it on 40nm? Northern Islands was originally set for the canceled 32nm process, and was then backported to 40nm, so things like this can and do happen. Could there be some 40nm SIs that come early, then a quick 28nm refresh when our Taiwanese buddies have their wafers ready? Could the line be split between 28 and 40?
Overall, we doubt there will be any 40nm SIs, but technically speaking, it could happen. Southern Islands is much more likely 28nm, and quite possibly coming in very short order. Q3 should be easy if 28nm HKMG works, is on time, and AMD can get the capaCIty it needs. Some other data points show that AMD is looking hard at late August as the earliest possible launch date, but September is more traditional, whatever the process geometry.S|A

So now Charlie thinks we'll see SI on 40nm :LOL:

Hmm lots of cmps indeed. Anyone know what they do? I mean there's a full set of them for each operator (ne, lt and so on) on all datatypes (f32, f64, u32, u64, i32, i64) but what's the cmp/cmpx/cmps/cmpsx doing (though the "s" versions are only for floats - maybe versions ignoring/not ignoring sign)? Also some of the operators are a little odd (o? tru?).
Just looked at a Cat11.7 preview driver and things get a bit clearer there.

The cmpx and cmpsx instruction definitely update the execution mask. the cmp??_t(ru) instructions set the vector condition code (VCC, and the execution mask if it is an cmpx version) to all true (1), the cmp??_f everything to false (0). The cmp_o instruction tests on NaNs, i.e. the validity of the numbers in the registers, for instance:

V_CMPS_O_F64: VCC = (!isNan(S0) && !isNan(S1)), signal on any NaN;

There also exists the operator u, which also tests the two source operands for NaNs: (isNan(S0) || isNan(S1))
The s in v_cmps?_?_? instructions means that the instruction signals any NaN in the operands.That's why it's only defined for the float data types, but not the integer data types. And all vector compares can reference a scalar register as one of the source operands as it seems.

Some(?) instructions with 3 source operands can be also encoded as 2 source operand versions to have more compact code (4 Byte instead of 8). For instance mad appear to have an alternative destructive version (dest = source0 * source1 + dest), which is basically a mac.

PS:
The driver mentions a "Trinity Devastator Duo (990F)", what is that supposed to be, a joke?

Edit:
The instruction list I posted a few days ago misses quite a few instructions btw. Just as an example V_DIV_FMAS_F64, which is a special case divide FMA with scale and flags (s0 = Quotient, s1 = Denominator, s2 = Numerator) according to the rudimentary documentation I see. This instruction even gets exposed to IL.

Or masked sums of absolute differences (v_msad) or sad instructions on quadbytes (v_qsad_u8 and v_mqsad_u8) and several other instruction are also not in the old list.

Edit2:
first try with GCN shader compiler
Code:
; -------- Disassembly --------------------
shader main
  asic(TAHITI)
  type(PS)
                                                            // s_ps_state in s0

s_mov_b64     s[0:1], exec                                // 00000000: BE80047E
  s_mov_b64     s[2:3], exec                                // 00000004: BE82047E
  v_mov_b32     v0, 0x00010000                              // 00000008: 7E0002FF 00010000
label_0004:
  s_waitcnt     0x0000                                      // 00000010: BF8C0000
  v_cmp_eq_u32  s[4:5], v0, 0                               // 00000014: D1840004 00010100
  s_mov_b64     s[6:7], exec                                // 0000001C: BE86047E
  s_and_b64     exec, s[6:7], s[4:5]                        // 00000020: 87FE0406
  s_andn2_b64   s[2:3], s[2:3], exec                        // 00000024: 8A827E02
  s_cbranch_scc0  label_000F                                // 00000028: BF840004
  s_mov_b64     exec, s[6:7]                                // 0000002C: BEFE0406
  s_and_b64     exec, exec, s[2:3]                          // 00000030: 87FE027E
  v_add_i32     v0, vcc, -1, v0                             // 00000034: 4A0000C1
  s_branch      label_0004                                  // 00000038: BF82FFF5
label_000F:
  s_mov_b64     exec, s[0:1]                                // 0000003C: BEFE0400
  v_mov_b32     v0, 0                                       // 00000040: 7E000280
  v_mov_b32     v1, 0                                       // 00000044: 7E020280
  v_mov_b32     v2, 0                                       // 00000048: 7E040280
  v_mov_b32     v3, 0                                       // 0000004C: 7E060280
  v_nop                                                     // 00000050: 7E000000
  v_nop                                                     // 00000054: 7E000000
  exp           null, off, off, off, off done vm            // 00000058: F8001890 00000000
  s_waitcnt     0x0000                                      // 00000060: BF8C0000
  s_endpgm                                                  // 00000064: BF810000
end
That was the first try. I still have a problem with the input mapping to the shader. That's why it does basically nothing, just the general structure with the loop inside survives the dead code elimination for now. And the generated code is far from perfect. The loop counter should sit in a scalar register so one could save this stupidity with the execution mask.

Edit3:
A shader doing some math on 192 bit integers:
ISA code for Cayman (code size 1328 byte, uses eight 128bit regs = 32 dwords per data element):
Code:
; --------  Disassembly --------------------
00 TEX: ADDR(160) CNT(1) VALID_PIX 
      0  SAMPLE R5, R0.xy0x, t1, s0  UNNORM(XYZW) 
01 ALU: ADDR(32) CNT(20) KCACHE0(CB0:0-15) 
      1  y: F_TO_I      ____,  R0.y      
         z: F_TO_I      ____,  R0.x      
         w: MOV         R3.w,  0.0f      
      2  z: ADD_INT     ____,  PV1.z,  KC0[0].x      
         w: LSHL        ____,  PV1.y,  12      
      3  x: ADD_INT     R6.x,  PV2.w,  PV2.z      
         y: XOR_INT     R2.y,  PV2.w,  PV2.w      
         z: XOR_INT     R1.z,  PV2.w,  PV2.w      
         w: XOR_INT     R2.w,  PV2.w,  PV2.w      
      4  x: ADDC_UINT   ____,  KC0[1].x,  PV3.x      
         y: ADD_INT     R3.y,  KC0[1].x,  PV3.x      
         z: MOV         R0.z,  (0x00000001, 1.401298464e-45f).x      
      5  x: XOR_INT     R7.x,  PV4.y,  PV4.y      
         y: ADDC_UINT   ____,  KC0[1].y,  PV4.x      
         w: ADD_INT     R4.w,  KC0[1].y,  PV4.x      
      6  x: ADDC_UINT   ____,  KC0[1].z,  PV5.y      
         y: ADD_INT     R4.y,  KC0[1].z,  PV5.y      
      7  z: ADD_INT     R4.z,  KC0[1].w,  PV6.x      
02 LOOP_DX10 i0 FAIL_JUMP_ADDR(8) VALID_PIX 
    03 ALU: ADDR(52) CNT(1) 
          8  x: PREDNE_INT  ____,  R0.z,  0.0f      UPDATE_EXEC_MASK BREAK UPDATE_PRED 
    04 ALU: ADDR(53) CNT(6) 
          9  x: AND_INT     R3.x,  R3.y,  0x000003FF      
             y: BFE_UINT    R3.y,  R3.y,  0x0000000A,  0x0000000A      
             z: BIT_ALIGN_INT  R0.z,  R4.w,  R3.y,  0x00000014      
             w: BIT_ALIGN_INT  R1.w,  R4.y,  R4.w,  0x00000014      VEC_201 
    05 TEX: ADDR(162) CNT(1) VALID_PIX 
         10  LD R3.xyz_, R3.xy0w, t0, s0  UNNORM(XYZW) 
    06 ALU: ADDR(59) CNT(83) 
         11  x: MULLO_UINT  R0.x,  R0.z,  R3.x      
             y: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R0.z,  R3.x      
             z: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R0.z,  R3.x      
             w: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R0.z,  R3.x      
         12  x: BIT_ALIGN_INT  R2.x,  R4.z,  R4.y,  0x00000014      
             y: BIT_ALIGN_INT  R1.y,  R1.z,  R4.z,  0x00000014      VEC_120 
             z: BIT_ALIGN_INT  R1.z,  R2.w,  R1.z,  0x00000014      
             w: ADDC_UINT   R0.w,  PV11.x,  R3.y      VEC_021 
         13  x: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R0.z,  R3.x      
             y: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R0.z,  R3.x      
             z: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R0.z,  R3.x      
             w: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R0.z,  R3.x      
         14  x: SETGT_UINT  R4.x,  16777216,  0.0f      
             y: ADD_INT     R0.y,  PV13.y,  R0.w      
             z: LSHR        R2.z,  R2.w,  20      
         15  x: MULLO_UINT  R1.x,  R1.w,  R3.x      
             y: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R1.w,  R3.x      
             z: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R1.w,  R3.x      
             w: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R1.w,  R3.x      
         16  x: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.w,  R3.x      
             y: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.w,  R3.x      
             z: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.w,  R3.x      
             w: MULHI_UINT  R1.w,  R1.w,  R3.x      
         17  y: ADD_INT     R3.y,  R3.y,  R0.x      
             z: ADDC_UINT   ____,  R1.x,  R0.y      
             w: ADD_INT     R4.w,  R0.y,  R1.x      VEC_120 
         18  y: ADD_INT     R2.y,  R2.y,  R3.z      
             z: ADD_INT     R0.z,  R1.w,  PV17.z      
             w: SETGT_UINT  R1.w,  PV17.y,  1048577      
         19  x: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R2.x,  R3.x      
             y: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R2.x,  R3.x      
             z: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R2.x,  R3.x      
             w: MULLO_UINT  R0.w,  R2.x,  R3.x      
         20  x: OR_INT      R0.x,  R4.w,  R1.w      
             y: ADDC_UINT   R0.y,  PV19.w,  R0.z      
         21  x: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R2.x,  R3.x      
             y: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R2.x,  R3.x      
             z: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R2.x,  R3.x      
             w: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R2.x,  R3.x      
         22  x: ADD_INT     R2.x,  PV21.x,  R0.y      
             y: ADD_INT     R4.y,  R0.z,  R0.w      
         23  x: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R1.y,  R3.x      
             y: MULLO_UINT  R0.y,  R1.y,  R3.x      
             z: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R1.y,  R3.x      
             w: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R1.y,  R3.x      
         24  z: ADDC_UINT   R0.z,  PV23.y,  R2.x      
         25  x: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.y,  R3.x      
             y: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.y,  R3.x      
             z: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.y,  R3.x      
             w: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.y,  R3.x      
         26  y: ADD_INT     R0.y,  PV25.w,  R0.z      
             z: ADD_INT     R4.z,  R2.x,  R0.y      
         27  x: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R1.z,  R3.x      
             y: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R1.z,  R3.x      
             z: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R1.z,  R3.x      
             w: MULLO_UINT  R0.w,  R1.z,  R3.x      
         28  x: OR_INT      R2.x,  R4.y,  R4.z      
             z: ADDC_UINT   R0.z,  PV27.w,  R0.y      
         29  x: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.z,  R3.x      
             y: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.z,  R3.x      
             z: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.z,  R3.x      
             w: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R1.z,  R3.x      
         30  x: ADD_INT     R0.x,  PV29.y,  R0.z      
             y: OR_INT      R0.y,  R0.x,  R2.x      
             z: ADD_INT     R1.z,  R0.y,  R0.w      
         31  x: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R2.z,  R3.x      
             y: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R2.z,  R3.x      
             z: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R2.z,  R3.x      
             w: MULLO_UINT  ____,  R2.z,  R3.x      
         32  x: ADDC_UINT   R0.x,  PV31.y,  R0.x      
             w: ADD_INT     R2.w,  R0.x,  PV31.y      
         33  w: OR_INT      R0.w,  R1.z,  PV32.w      
         34  x: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R2.z,  R3.x      
             y: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R2.z,  R3.x      
             z: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R2.z,  R3.x      
             w: MULHI_UINT  ____,  R2.z,  R3.x      
         35  y: OR_INT      ____,  R0.y,  R0.w      
             z: OR_INT      ____,  R7.x,  PV34.w      
         36  x: OR_INT      R7.x,  R0.x,  PV35.z      
             z: AND_INT     R0.z,  PV35.y,  R4.x     
07 ENDLOOP i0 PASS_JUMP_ADDR(3) 
08 ALU: ADDR(142) CNT(5) 
     37  z: ADD_INT     ____,  -2,  R3.y      
     38  x: AND_INT     R3.x,  PV37.z,  0x000003FF      
         y: BFE_UINT    R3.y,  PV37.z,  0x0000000A,  0x0000000A      
09 TEX: ADDR(164) CNT(1) VALID_PIX 
     39  LD R0._w__, R3.xy0w, t0, s0  UNNORM(XYZW) 
10 ALU: ADDR(147) CNT(10) 
     40  x: ADD_INT     R0.x,  R2.y,  R0.y      
     41  x: ADD_INT     ____,  PV40.x,  16777216      
         y: ADDC_UINT   R0.y,  R5.z,  PV40.x      
         z: ADD_INT     R1.z,  R5.z,  PV40.x      
     42  w: CNDE_INT    R0.w,  R7.x,  R0.x,  PV41.x      
     43  z: SETGT_UINT  ____,  PV42.w,  R5.y      
         w: ADD_INT     R1.w,  R5.w,  R0.y      VEC_021 
     44  x: CNDE_INT    R1.x,  PV43.z,  R5.x,  R6.x      
         y: CNDE_INT    R1.y,  PV43.z,  R5.y,  R0.w      
11 EXP_DONE: PIX0, R1
12 END 
END_OF_PROGRAM
GCN (code size 840 byte, uses 23 vregs and 22 sregs = 23 dwords per data element + 22 dwords per wavefront):
Code:
; -------- Disassembly --------------------
shader main
  asic(TAHITI)
  type(PS)
                                                            // s_ps_state in s0

s_mov_b32     s12, s2                                     // 00000000: BE8C0302
  s_mov_b32     s13, s3                                     // 00000004: BE8D0303
  s_mov_b32     s14, s4                                     // 00000008: BE8E0304
  s_mov_b32     s15, s5                                     // 0000000C: BE8F0305
  s_mov_b64     s[20:21], exec                              // 00000010: BE94047E
  s_wqm_b64     exec, exec                                  // 00000014: BEFE0A7E
  v_cvt_i32_f32  v0, v2                                     // 00000018: 7E001102
  v_cvt_i32_f32  v1, v3                                     // 0000001C: 7E021103
  v_lshlrev_b32  v1, 12, v1                                 // 00000020: 3402028C
  s_buffer_load_dword  s0, s[12:15], 0x00                   // 00000024: C2000D00
  s_waitcnt     0x0000                                      // 00000028: BF8C0000
  v_add_i32     v0, vcc, s0, v0                             // 0000002C: 4A000000
  s_buffer_load_dwordx4  s[0:3], s[12:15], 0x04             // 00000030: C2800D04
  v_add_i32     v0, vcc, v1, v0                             // 00000034: 4A000101
  s_waitcnt     0x0000                                      // 00000038: BF8C0000
  v_add_i32     v5, s[4:5], s0, v0                          // 0000003C: D24A0405 00020000
  v_mov_b32     v5, s1                                      // 00000044: 7E0A0201
  v_cndmask_b32  v6, 0, 1, s[4:5]                           // 00000048: D2000006 00110280
  v_add_i32     v6, s[10:11], s1, v6                        // 00000050: D24A0A06 00020C01
  v_addc_u32    v5, vcc, v5, 0, s[4:5]                      // 00000058: D2506A05 00110105
  v_mov_b32     v6, s2                                      // 00000060: 7E0C0202
  v_cndmask_b32  v7, 0, 1, s[10:11]                         // 00000064: D2000007 00290280
  v_add_i32     v7, s[4:5], s2, v7                          // 0000006C: D24A0407 00020E02
  v_addc_u32    v6, vcc, v6, 0, s[10:11]                    // 00000074: D2506A06 00290106
  v_mov_b32     v7, s3                                      // 0000007C: 7E0E0203
  v_addc_u32    v7, vcc, v7, 0, s[4:5]                      // 00000080: D2506A07 00110107
  v_add_i32     v8, vcc, s0, v0                             // 00000088: 4A100000
  v_xor_b32     v9, v8, v8                                  // 0000008C: 3A121108
  s_load_dwordx8  s[12:19], s[8:9], 0x08                    // 00000090: C0C60908
  s_load_dwordx4  s[0:3], s[6:7], 0x00                      // 00000094: C0800700
  s_waitcnt     0x0000                                      // 00000098: BF8C0000
  image_sample  v[10:13], v[2:5], s[12:19], s[0:3] dmask:0xf unorm // 0000009C: F0801F00 00030A02
  v_xor_b32     v2, v1, v1                                  // 000000A4: 3A040301
  v_xor_b32     v3, v1, v1                                  // 000000A8: 3A060301
  v_xor_b32     v1, v1, v1                                  // 000000AC: 3A020301
  s_load_dwordx8  s[0:7], s[8:9], 0x00                      // 000000B0: C0C00900
  s_mov_b64     s[8:9], exec                                // 000000B4: BE88047E
  s_mov_b64     s[10:11], exec                              // 000000B8: BE8A047E
  v_mov_b32     v14, v7                                     // 000000BC: 7E1C0307
  v_mov_b32     v7, v8                                      // 000000C0: 7E0E0308
  v_mov_b32     v8, v5                                      // 000000C4: 7E100305
  v_mov_b32     v5, v2                                      // 000000C8: 7E0A0302
  v_mov_b32     v2, 1                                       // 000000CC: 7E040281
  v_mov_b32     v22, v9                                     // 000000D0: 7E2C0309
  v_mov_b32     v9, v6                                      // 000000D4: 7E120306
  v_mov_b32     v6, v3                                      // 000000D8: 7E0C0303
  v_mov_b32     v3, v1                                      // 000000DC: 7E060301
  v_mov_b32     v1, v22                                     // 000000E0: 7E020316
label_0039:
  s_waitcnt     0x0000                                      // 000000E4: BF8C0000
  v_cmp_eq_u32  s[12:13], v2, 0                             // 000000E8: D184000C 00010102
  s_mov_b64     s[14:15], exec                              // 000000F0: BE8E047E
  s_and_b64     exec, s[14:15], s[12:13]                    // 000000F4: 87FE0C0E
  s_andn2_b64   s[10:11], s[10:11], exec                    // 000000F8: 8A8A7E0A
  s_cbranch_scc0  label_00AD                                // 000000FC: BF84006D
  s_mov_b64     exec, s[14:15]                              // 00000100: BEFE040E
  s_and_b64     exec, exec, s[10:11]                        // 00000104: 87FE0A7E
  v_and_b32     v2, 0x000003ff, v7                          // 00000108: 36040EFF 000003FF
  v_bfe_u32     v15, v7, 10, 10                             // 00000110: D290000F 02291507
  v_mov_b32     v16, v15                                    // 00000118: 7E20030F
  v_mov_b32     v17, 0                                      // 0000011C: 7E220280
  v_mov_b32     v15, v2                                     // 00000120: 7E1E0302
  image_load_mip  v[15:17], v[15:18], s[0:7] dmask:0x7 unorm // 00000124: F0041700 00000F0F
  v_alignbit_b32  v2, v8, v7, 20                            // 0000012C: D29C0002 02520F08
  v_alignbit_b32  v7, v9, v8, 20                            // 00000134: D29C0007 02521109
  v_alignbit_b32  v8, v14, v9, 20                           // 0000013C: D29C0008 0252130E
  v_alignbit_b32  v9, v5, v14, 20                           // 00000144: D29C0009 02521D05
  s_waitcnt     0x0000                                      // 0000014C: BF8C0000
  v_mul_lo_u32  v14, v7, v15                                // 00000150: D2D2000E 02021F07
  v_mul_lo_u32  v18, v8, v15                                // 00000158: D2D20012 02021F08
  v_mul_lo_u32  v19, v9, v15                                // 00000160: D2D20013 02021F09
  v_mul_hi_u32  v7, v7, v15                                 // 00000168: D2D40007 02021F07
  v_mul_hi_u32  v8, v8, v15                                 // 00000170: D2D40008 02021F08
  v_mul_hi_u32  v9, v9, v15                                 // 00000178: D2D40009 02021F09
  v_mul_lo_u32  v20, v2, v15                                // 00000180: D2D20014 02021F02
  v_add_i32     v21, s[12:13], v20, v16                     // 00000188: D24A0C15 00022114
  v_mul_hi_u32  v2, v2, v15                                 // 00000190: D2D40002 02021F02
  v_add_i32     v16, vcc, v16, v20                          // 00000198: 4A202910
  s_mov_b32     s14, 0x00100001                             // 0000019C: BE8E03FF 00100001
  v_cmp_gt_u32  s[14:15], v16, s14                          // 000001A4: D188000E 00001D10
  v_addc_u32    v20, vcc, v2, 0, s[12:13]                   // 000001AC: D2506A14 00310102
  v_add_i32     v20, s[16:17], v14, v20                     // 000001B4: D24A1014 0002290E
  v_addc_u32    v2, vcc, v2, v14, s[12:13]                  // 000001BC: D2506A02 00321D02
  v_addc_u32    v14, vcc, v7, 0, s[16:17]                   // 000001C4: D2506A0E 00410107
  v_add_i32     v14, s[12:13], v18, v14                     // 000001CC: D24A0C0E 00021D12
  v_addc_u32    v7, vcc, v7, v18, s[16:17]                  // 000001D4: D2506A07 00422507
  v_addc_u32    v14, vcc, v8, 0, s[12:13]                   // 000001DC: D2506A0E 00310108
  v_add_i32     v14, s[16:17], v19, v14                     // 000001E4: D24A100E 00021D13
  v_addc_u32    v8, vcc, v8, v19, s[12:13]                  // 000001EC: D2506A08 00322708
  v_or_b32      v14, v7, v8                                 // 000001F4: 381C1107
  v_alignbit_b32  v5, v6, v5, 20                            // 000001F8: D29C0005 02520B06
  v_lshrrev_b32  v6, 20, v6                                 // 00000200: 2C0C0C94
  v_addc_u32    v18, vcc, v9, 0, s[16:17]                   // 00000204: D2506A12 00410109
  v_mul_lo_u32  v19, v5, v15                                // 0000020C: D2D20013 02021F05
  v_mul_lo_u32  v20, v6, v15                                // 00000214: D2D20014 02021F06
  v_add_i32     v18, s[12:13], v19, v18                     // 0000021C: D24A0C12 00022513
  v_addc_u32    v9, vcc, v9, v19, s[16:17]                  // 00000224: D2506A09 00422709
  v_mul_hi_u32  v5, v5, v15                                 // 0000022C: D2D40005 02021F05
  v_mul_hi_u32  v6, v6, v15                                 // 00000234: D2D40006 02021F06
  v_or_b32      v1, v1, v6                                  // 0000023C: 38020D01
  v_add_i32     v3, vcc, v3, v17                            // 00000240: 4A062303
  v_addc_u32    v6, vcc, v5, v20, s[12:13]                  // 00000244: D2506A06 00322905
  v_or_b32      v15, v9, v6                                 // 0000024C: 381E0D09
  v_addc_u32    v5, vcc, v5, 0, s[12:13]                    // 00000250: D2506A05 00310105
  v_add_i32     v5, s[12:13], v20, v5                       // 00000258: D24A0C05 00020B14
  v_cndmask_b32  v5, 0, 1, s[12:13]                         // 00000260: D2000005 00310280
  v_or_b32      v1, v5, v1                                  // 00000268: 38020305
  v_cndmask_b32  v5, 0, -1, s[14:15]                        // 0000026C: D2000005 00398280
  v_or_b32      v5, v2, v5                                  // 00000274: 380A0B02
  v_or_b32      v5, v5, v14                                 // 00000278: 380A1D05
  v_or_b32      v5, v5, v15                                 // 0000027C: 380A1F05
  s_mov_b32     s12, 0x01000000                             // 00000280: BE8C03FF 01000000
  v_cmp_gt_u32  s[12:13], s12, v4                           // 00000288: D188000C 0002080C
  v_cndmask_b32  v5, 0, v5, s[12:13]                        // 00000290: D2000005 00320A80
  v_mov_b32     v14, v8                                     // 00000298: 7E1C0308
  v_mov_b32     v8, v2                                      // 0000029C: 7E100302
  v_mov_b32     v2, v5                                      // 000002A0: 7E040305
  v_mov_b32     v5, v9                                      // 000002A4: 7E0A0309
  v_mov_b32     v9, v7                                      // 000002A8: 7E120307
  v_mov_b32     v7, v16                                     // 000002AC: 7E0E0310
  s_branch      label_0039                                  // 000002B0: BF82FF8C
label_00AD:
  s_mov_b64     exec, s[8:9]                                // 000002B4: BEFE0408
  v_add_i32     v2, vcc, -2, v7                             // 000002B8: 4A040EC2
  v_bfe_u32     v4, v2, 10, 10                              // 000002BC: D2900004 02291502
  v_and_b32     v2, 0x000003ff, v2                          // 000002C4: 360404FF 000003FF
  v_mov_b32     v5, v4                                      // 000002CC: 7E0A0304
  v_mov_b32     v6, 0                                       // 000002D0: 7E0C0280
  v_mov_b32     v4, v2                                      // 000002D4: 7E080302
  image_load_mip  v2, v[4:7], s[0:7] dmask:0x8 unorm        // 000002D8: F0041800 00000204
  s_waitcnt     0x0000                                      // 000002E0: BF8C0000
  v_add_i32     v2, vcc, v3, v2                             // 000002E4: 4A040503
  v_cmp_ne_i32  s[0:1], v1, 0                               // 000002E8: D10A0000 00010101
  v_add_i32     v1, vcc, 0x01000000, v2                     // 000002F0: 4A0204FF 01000000
  v_cndmask_b32  v1, v2, v1, s[0:1]                         // 000002F8: D2000001 00020302
  v_cmp_gt_u32  s[0:1], v1, v11                             // 00000300: D1880000 00021701
  v_cndmask_b32  v1, v11, v1, s[0:1]                        // 00000308: D2000001 0002030B
  v_cndmask_b32  v0, v10, v0, s[0:1]                        // 00000310: D2000000 0002010A
  v_add_i32     v3, s[0:1], v12, v2                         // 00000318: D24A0003 0002050C
  v_addc_u32    v3, vcc, v13, 0, s[0:1]                     // 00000320: D2506A03 0001010D
  v_add_i32     v2, vcc, v12, v2                            // 00000328: 4A04050C
  s_mov_b64     exec, s[20:21]                              // 0000032C: BEFE0414
  v_nop                                                     // 00000330: 7E000000
  v_nop                                                     // 00000334: 7E000000
  exp           null, off, off, off, off done vm            // 00000338: F8001890 00000000
  s_waitcnt     0x0000                                      // 00000340: BF8C0000
  s_endpgm                                                  // 00000344: BF810000
end
GCN appears to be better prepared for wide integer arithmetics,although the code appears to be a bit redundant with the carries, but this may be due to the coding in IL optimized for the Cypress architecture.
Btw., there are still bugs in the shader compiler, it has still a few problems with some kernels compiling flawless for the VLIW architecture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back