AMD: Southern Islands (7*** series) Speculation/ Rumour Thread

Will this offer be available in Europe as well?

I do not hear a peep on local Greek stores but not even in Amazon.co.uk.

For what i know, yes ofc, but its better to have a confirmation with the shop before you buy the cards, you will have the bundle. Many shop have maybe not update their list now, or are a bit slow to even apply it.

When you see how slow some shops in Europe apply new price in general. I will not be surprised to see them dont apply the Bundle too.

http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/graphics/Pages/never-settle-offer-terms-and-conditions.aspx

Look what card have the bundle, know someone who take an Asus Matrix and no bundle with it ( look like Asus dont want the price and bundle appy to this card )

Last edited by a moderator:
Overclockers.co.uk are doing the bundle - but considering how long it's taking them to send me a 7850 for a customer I'm not sure I could recommend them tbh.

Will this offer be available in Europe as well?

I do not hear a peep on local Greek stores but not even in Amazon.co.uk.

Check the link here: http://blogs.amd.com/play/this-holiday-never-settle/

This will be updated as channel outlets add the bundle. This is not a "bundle in the box" promotion and instead activated directly in the channel so it gets a little staggered from the regional logistics, the capabilities of the outlet for managing such a promotion and the general level of interest/focus in the segment from the outlet.

Check the link here: http://blogs.amd.com/play/this-holiday-never-settle/

This will be updated as channel outlets add the bundle. This is not a "bundle in the box" promotion and instead activated directly in the channel so it gets a little staggered from the regional logistics, the capabilities of the outlet for managing such a promotion and the general level of interest/focus in the segment from the outlet.

Newegg is suggesting that they offer it. But I can't find anything from them about it like other websites. Will Newegg be added?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the product listings at Newegg are already showing the bundle active on Tahiti (you can see the description of the bundle here), they just don't have the landing page up yet though.

Based on TPU review, the gains are notably bigger at lower resolutions, which would indicate to my understanding that most gains are from reducing CPU overhead in drivers

I asked if it was found due to addressing the Enduro issues but couldn't get a straight answer.

Because the Enduro issues were apparently with being able to feed the GPU properly with data via CPU.

Yes the product listings at Newegg are already showing the bundle active on Tahiti (you can see the description of the bundle here), they just don't have the landing page up yet though.

Yeesh. If you assume 50 USD retail for those games. That makes the Powercolor only cost 99 USD, assuming someone wanted each of those games and didn't have them already. :D

Regards,
SB

Nothing dubiously favouring AMD there and if anything the 6 series performance looks weak. Sli scaling looks to be exceptional as well so Nvidia must have been getting plenty of work done on the game too.

Yes, and i like better this instead of see half framerate on the opposite brand..

Anyway keep in mind the HD6000 are tested with the 12.11 catalyst, who is really at this stade a beta/preview driver, who is specially for HD7000 cards. I dont even know if this driver have optimisation for this game when it come to older cards.

I think AMD has given up on optimisations for the 6-series and below tbh. They might not admit it but to be frank it's exactly what they should be doing in their position.

The same thought crossed my mind, but then again Trinity is based on a VLIW4 GPU, so they can't afford to completely stop optimizing for this architecture, unless generic or GCN-targeted optimization is sufficient to guarantee decent performance on VLIW4/5; I don't know.

It has to be this way if the level of driver improvements they are getting are to remain.

Honestly I don't mind - my 6850 is 2 years old and considering how cheap a card of this class is, I'd rather they made the 7850 a more worthwhile upgrade through driver improvements instead of making my 6850 last another 6 months.

Noticing more and more that the 7770 has really overtaken it as well.

It has to be this way if the level of driver improvements they are getting are to remain.

Honestly I don't mind - my 6850 is 2 years old and considering how cheap a card of this class is, I'd rather they made the 7850 a more worthwhile upgrade through driver improvements instead of making my 6850 last another 6 months.

Noticing more and more that the 7770 has really overtaken it as well.

The 7770 was always going to overtake it. Roughly the same performance out of the gate on an arch with comparatively few driver optimizations vs an old arch that has had most of the driver optimizations done for it due to basically being a slightly smaller 5xxx?

The 7770 was always going to overtake it. Roughly the same performance out of the gate on an arch with comparatively few driver optimizations vs an old arch that has had most of the driver optimizations done for it due to basically being a slightly smaller 5xxx?

I knew it would happen - I was just confirming that the 7770 truly is the faster card now (I believe it was ~10% slower in the majority of benchmarks on release). That's pretty good progress when you consider it, and when you consider the general lack of enthusiasm for the card to start with - though the high price was probably the main issue.

Back