AMD Resolves Issues with DX9 Games

Yeah and that poor guy who merely stated that AMD were "unlikely to dedicate engineering resources" became "AMD ends support for DX9" because internet. It's still his own fault as he really should have concluded the reply with "but I'll pass it on to see if there's an issue we can address and please provide more feedback if you discover further issues like this".

Yeah and that poor guy who merely stated that AMD were "unlikely to dedicate engineering resources" became "AMD ends support for DX9" because internet. It's still his own fault as he really should have concluded the reply with "but I'll pass it on to see if there's an issue we can address and please provide more feedback if you discover further issues like this".

"Unlikely to dedicate engineering resources" is really a bad statement to give to a customer no matter what the context is.
Customer could be complaining about not being able to play DOS Pong and it still would be a bad response.

I imagine it was January 1st, everyone was out on vacation and he may have been given more freedom because he was alone or something, but that response clearly means he wasn't really cut out for the job.
Still poor guy to have something like this blowing up on January 1st, though.

Back