AMD: R9xx Speculation

The way things are currently, the cards could be real and the beard a photoshop.

I don't see anything legible on the cards, given the angle.

I think everyone's really fed up by now. Just get the damn thing out already! It was going to be a definite purchase for me, but now I'm wondering if I'm better spending/saving the money elsewhere. That's purely down to anticipation fatigue meaning I'm not sure I care enough any more.

It always seems this way close to release, and I loathe the delays too, but in three months or six or nine months, do you think anybody will care 6970 was delayed 2-3 weeks back in December? What was the last card delayed a few weeks, and does it seem like a big deal now?

It seems like a long time now, when the cards have been out six months it becomes irrelevant.

Nobody ever seems to talk about the actual NDA release date here, oddly since it's pretty much the most important issue, but was the latest rumored dates the 7th or 13th? I lost count. Guessing 13th though.

It always seems this way close to release, and I loathe the delays too, but in three months or six or nine months, do you think anybody will care 6970 was delayed 2-3 weeks back in December?
Actually yes, they will care. And it will depend on what they price their cards at. If for example it costs as much as a 580 and low availability may cause a backlash IMO. People are looking at price vs performance now more then ever.

What was the last card delayed a few weeks, and does it seem like a big deal now?

It seems like a long time now, when the cards have been out six months it becomes irrelevant.

Nobody ever seems to talk about the actual NDA release date here, oddly since it's pretty much the most important issue, but was the latest rumored dates the 7th or 13th? I lost count. Guessing 13th though.
I really think that whatever AMD has it has to impress people. Not just performance alone but with feature set and a lower price IMO.

Are those 6970's???
If so, where did the air intake vents go on the back?
Where are these cards getting cold air from?
I really don't know if they are 6900 series cards or not. Which is why I asked if it's credible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually yes, they will care.

Not really. In the grand scheme of things two weeks just doesnt matter, it only seems intensely magnified when we're sitting here waiting for it. I ask again, what was the last card delayed a few weeks and does it seem big picture relevant looking back? You then go on to confuse the issue with throwing in low availability which is a separate issue, as if they're linked. Put supply aside.

I think that whatever AMD is offering in the 6900 series must impress people not just performance but with feature set and a lower price IMO.

Should be pretty easy given 580's pricing.

Not really. In the grand scheme of things two weeks just doesnt matter, it only seems intensely magnified when we're sitting here waiting for it. I ask again, what was the last card delayed a few weeks and does it seem big picture relevant looking back? You then go on to confuse the issue with throwing in low availability which is a separate issue, as if they're linked. Put supply aside.

Should be pretty easy given 580's pricing.

Huh? I'm not replying based on the wait now but after the card is released. IE: price vs performance, feature set, availability, etc. None of that can be determined now but is contingent once released. That's why I believe it will play a factor. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those 6970's???
If so, where did the air intake vents go on the back?
Where are these cards getting cold air from?

Last time I checked radial fans get their cool air from the "center" of the fan (the empty area in the middle of the fan)

Perhaps they did some research & found the market for tri & quad crossfire is as tiny as logic would indicate it probably is -> marketing bonus of 'quad card capable' not worth the expense of putting that 2nd connector on.

I think the 2.4TFlops and 800Mhz is rather correct, 1536 seems to have been planted no? text isn't justified in line with the other flush-rights.

HD6950Fake.jpg

Another one bites the dust !

I think the 2.4TFlops and 800Mhz is rather correct, 1536 seems to have been planted no? text isn't justified in line with the other flush-rights.
Yeah the digits for steam processors doesn't line up flush at all among other issues. I think it's time to start keeping a mental note of where these slides are coming from :LOL:.

Yeah the digits for steam processors doesn't line up flush at all among other issues. I think it's time to start keeping a mental note of where these slides are coming from :LOL:.

Just look for the guy who doesn't have the spell checker on his torrent version of photoshop.

Back