AMD: R9xx Speculation

Why would an official announcement from AMD not be in English? I mean I have a twitter right here from Wifey_Dave saying that Cayman has one RAM module turned off for yields.

Why would an official announcement from AMD not be in English? I mean I have a twitter right here from Wifey_Dave saying that Cayman has one RAM module turned off for yields.

Well the information came in in English, I'm sure your favourite hardware sites will follow up shortly with this update from AMD :)

neliz is saying it's not delayed. So either Nov 22nd was wrong, your source is wrong or neliz is wrong. Either way - the fun continues :)

neliz is saying it's not delayed. So either Nov 22nd was wrong, your source is wrong or neliz is wrong. Either way - the fun continues :)

Since my "not postponed" was from yesterday morning, I've decided to check and hope to hear tomorrow.

Well the information came in in English, I'm sure your favourite hardware sites will follow up shortly with this update from AMD :)

Oh... well that explains it. Still however I believe that foreigners should stop pretending to speak my language. I want reveals to come from English language sites first! :D

Google translate messes up on my PC. :(

Oh... well that explains it. Still however I believe that foreigners should stop pretending to speak my language. I want reveals to come from English language sites first! :D

Google translate messes up on my PC. :(

I was lost by the "box of cereal"

@kitguru:

In fact this site had some real info, like the one for the death of ATi brand. So the chance this info is real, is really high, or at least high enough. :LOL:

In fact, NO, NO, NO. :LOL: Do you see how big that NOs are? :LOL:

yeah and some wrong info too, like the gtx 490 ;) and it was already being shown off at computex of last year.

nApolean thinks the 6970 will be faster than the 580.
source

I think there's a very high chance of that being true if the rumours of Cayman die size and core count are accurate. 50% more SIMDs already puts it well into GTX 580 territory assuming decent scaling.

Two of those may be simultaneously wrong with great ease.

Are you sure these words weren't spat out by Google translate? :LOL:

I was lost by the "box of cereal"

You had me at the quote box around my name. :p

Anyway it makes me wonder if some sites should hire a translator on contract to translate these random Chinese forum post rumours. Im sure they wouldn't do too badly if they were the only source for non AlexV sounding information!

I think there's a very high chance of that being true if the rumours of Cayman die size and core count are accurate. 50% more SIMDs already puts it well into GTX 580 territory assuming decent scaling.

Sorry, which rumoured die size? Im struggling to keep up here!

Anyway are we looking at a review day in November on schedule with supply coming a couple of weeks after? If so then fair enough.

Sorry, which rumoured die size? Im struggling to keep up here!
somewhere right inbetween GF104 and GF110

Anyway are we looking at a review day in November on schedule with supply coming a couple of weeks after? If so then fair enough.

For me, right now, it looks exactly the other way around, hence my continued "it's on schedule". but again, I could be wrong there, I only saw schedules yesterday so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back