AMD: Pirate Islands (R* 3** series) Speculation/Rumor Thread

Maybe the 'cheat sheet' is wrong for some reason and the plan was never for W8100 to be based on Tonga.

Or maybe W8100 is still Tonga... somehow. I have no idea why Tonga would be so similar to Hawaii, but it is possible.

The CodeXL capture came out in May, W8100 was released in July. You don't make a product change that late. If one is wrong, which is it more likely to be - software or hardware...?

The CodeXL capture came out in May, W8100 was released in July. You don't make a product change that late. If one is wrong, which is it more likely to be - software or hardware...?
Software of course.

In case there's any ambiguity, AMD already confirmed that W8100 is Hawaii based when they briefed the press. And this isn't the kind of thing AMD lies about since it would be easy to prove.

Yeah, but it's been months and CodeXL still hasn't been corrected.

There are other more pressing matters in CodeXL that have been there for months and don't seem to be close to being fixed...

There are other more pressing matters in CodeXL that have been there for months and don't seem to be close to being fixed...

Such as? Honest question, I haven't seen any feedback from users—are there any users?

Stacked Ram will only improve speed or will we get a lot more capacity ? Seems like we have been at 2-3 gigs for a long time

I'm not opposed to high end GPUs with AIO liquid coolers. They do a fine job on CPUs. However, it would be a bit concerning if liquid cooling became a basic requirement for AMD's top dog.

Back