Am I stupid?

_xxx_

Banned
I couldn't resist and just ordered me an ASUS GF6800GT with TV-out for 420 EUR (about $ 550). It's a really good price here in Germany, but still...

I'm a geek idiot fAnb0y now! :cry:

In a very perverted and Geopolitical way of looking at the Iraq situation, one could agrue that when Bush invaded Iraq he created an offshore battleground for the War on Terrorism. Now, instead of terrorists coming to the US, they can just go next door to fight the US. Maybe it's a little safer for civilians living on the mainland US. Is it helpful for the Iraqi people to have the proxy battlefield in their back yard? Absolutely not. Will the US ever be able to win the War on Terrorism with such a strategy? Absolutely not. Will this divert terrorist resources from attacking the US mainland to attacking troops in Iraq? Possibly. Would Bush ever admit to using troops in a "war of attrition" manner? Only after monkies fly out of my ass.

:LOL:

K.I.L.E.R said:
In a very perverted and Geopolitical way of looking at the Iraq situation, one could agrue that when Bush invaded Iraq he created an offshore battleground for the War on Terrorism. Now, instead of terrorists coming to the US, they can just go next door to fight the US. Maybe it's a little safer for civilians living on the mainland US. Is it helpful for the Iraqi people to have the proxy battlefield in their back yard? Absolutely not. Will the US ever be able to win the War on Terrorism with such a strategy? Absolutely not. Will this divert terrorist resources from attacking the US mainland to attacking troops in Iraq? Possibly. Would Bush ever admit to using troops in a "war of attrition" manner? Only after monkies fly out of my ass.

:LOL:
It's either a wrong thread scenerio or else you are in a much weirder mood than usual Kruno! :?

Oh, I wasn't biased toward any chip brand, the non-ref design GeForce GT was actually cheaper than most run-of-the-mill X800Pro's here.

ASUS's designation is confusing. When GF 6800 series first came out, ASUS has a card with similar price to other vendors' 6800GT (and with GT in its product name), but it's actually a normal 6800. Now they have a genuine GF 6800GT based card called V9999GT Deluxe. It has 256MB RAM.

Guden Oden said:
It's never idiotic to fulfil a need, and if you need a gfx card for €450, then go you! :)

I don't need it, that's why I find it a bit idiotic. You can buy a midrange PC for the money.

But I wanted it! :D

_xxx_ said:
It's AGP, yes. Here.

Should be a damn good overclocker as well.
If its an AGP card you be needing than the only competition from ATi would be the X800 pro VIVO modded, but they're becoming hard to find and ain't gotten cheaper by much.

A 6800 GT is a very wise choice, and it really is a great card. :)

_xxx_ said:
You can buy a midrange PC for the money.
Nah, you can get a low-end PC for that (or if you define midrange as €450 I don't want to know what's your low-end... 286-class, maybe? :p

But I wanted it! :D
All the explanation that's really needed! :D

You can still oc it. I know a guy who clocked his ASUS 6800 GT 256MB to 475 MHz core and 1200 MHz RAM with stock cooling, so there's definitely some potential there.

_xxx_ said:
You can still oc it. I know a guy who clocked his ASUS 6800 GT 256MB to 475 MHz core and 1200 MHz RAM with stock cooling, so there's definitely some potential there.

Well hope so... the chip is the same, but PCB & memory are not my case ... but I read about 400/800 could be expected for this lower version... should come tomorrow

Hijacking my own thread:

Last Sunday, I ended a two-year relationship with my gf. It just didn't work out and had to end. We sorted it out like friends but still both cried like little children...terrible feeling losing a part of your everyday life. There were no bad feelings whatsoever, she felt just the same way like I did, it made no more sense.

But I feel better now then anytime in those two years. I also met a BEAUTIFUL young lady last weekend who pretty obviously signaled some interest. I have a date with her this week :D :D :D

She's just 21, but that doesn't really bother me.

Just had to share in case you find my answers a bit strange in the next few weeks. I'll be either constantly high or totally in love :oops:

Back