Am I CPU limited? 2070 super but "poor" performance

How is now not a good time? We have fantastic competition for pricing, lots of cores and high frequencies across both CPU vendors.

Ofcourse its great. Like @Rootax said, its not so nice for pc gamers. With consoles essentially having a Ryzen 3700 on board, there isn't really anything you can buy now that will definitely outperform those cpu's for the next couple of years.

Ofcourse its great. Like @Rootax said, its not so nice for pc gamers. With consoles essentially having a Ryzen 3700 on board, there isn't really anything you can buy now that will definitely outperform those cpu's for the next couple of years.

3900x or 3950x should be fine. They're both faster in terms of clock and feature 50%-100% more cores.

And the consoles will run at lower clocks. But I do see your point.

I did some more testing. Looks like Rise of the Tomb raider uses only 2 threads in dx11 but more in dx12. I don't know why but previously testing with dx12 lead to worse results when using in home streaming. I tried again yesterday because in some area I was getting only 45fps even when using dx11 and lo and behold, now its close to 80fps when playing on my monitor and a short test when streaming shows a solid 60fps.

Back