Allard in OPM interview on the hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spidermate said:
One supports dual screens at the highest level while the other can barely support one.

Bs .

We don't even know if the ps3 can support one screen at the level xbox 360 can . As a matter of fact i have yet to see one actual game running on the system in which someone was playing the game .

All we've seen are cgi and tech demos . If you want to make a bs comment you should prepare yourself for more than just pc-engine .

jvd said:
Bs .

We don't even know if the ps3 can support one screen at the level xbox 360 can . As a matter of fact i have yet to see one actual game running on the system in which someone was playing the game .

All we've seen are cgi and tech demos . If you want to make a bs comment you should prepare yourself for more than just pc-engine .

Whatever you want to believe, that's fine by me. I answered a question. You interpret it how you want, slick.

Spidermate said:
Whatever you want to believe, that's fine by me. I answered a question. You interpret it how you want, slick.

Perhaps it would help if you had some proof for your supposition.

AlphaWolf said:
Perhaps it would help if you had some proof for your supposition.

I guess it would help for any proof right about now, but as you can see, things are a little scarce and taboo at the moment. I guess that's something we are going to have to deal with until the proper time comes. Wouldn't you agree?

Spidermate said:
I guess it would help for any proof right about now, but as you can see, things are a little scarce and taboo at the moment. I guess that's something we are going to have to deal with until the proper time comes. Wouldn't you agree?

Which makes answers like the one you gave a bit ridiculous. Wouldn't you agree?

Spidermate said:

Perhaps you should refrain from making statements then if you have no clue what your talking about .

Blatently bashing one system and praising another with no proof is not the proper way to act.

Esp then poking fun of another site member with the help of another poster .

Horrible behavior

Spidermate said:
One supports dual screens at the highest level while the other can barely support one.

Xenos on its own can't support any screens, so can't see the point in this particular comparison I'm afraid.

They're talking about Spring 2006 release - the specs they published are equivalent to the specs we published when you go away from theoretical performance. It's a jump ball. Two companies selling something at Wal-Mart for the same amount of money and coming four months apart. They aren't going to have products that are materially different. Plus they're willing to dump a whole lot of money per unit, and I'll tell you what: As a company with more money than just about anyone, Microsoft isn't willing to do that again because it was really tough for us the first time around. So I'd be surprised if they had a strategy that said they could lose a few billion this gen to make more powerful hardware.

Is funny it looks like this people din't learn anything from the ass woop sony give them with the PS2.

If you release a product at the same price of the competision with better hardware and with extras the other product doesn't had or sell apart,and your product still loose 5 to 1 it realy mean that the market din't respond to your product well.

What make J Allard think that if the majority of the gaming comunity din't suport the xbox when it was the most powerful hardware with HDD build in,they will suport it now that the the hardware advanatge is gone and HDD is not standar,even him is saying that the consoles are on par,which could literaly mean sony has the best tech and we will not admit it.

Also i love the fact how he always bring live and online play when face with hard question come on live had 2 million users,by Jannuary 2004 the PS2 had more network adapters sold than that,is not like half of the xbox comunity play with live, the xbox has like 24 million units sold and only 2 million live users that is not the be all end all of online playing,that show that almost every one with and xbox play offline.

If the fact that they want to exploit something they got right.

Thegameman said:
What make J Allard think that if the majority of the gaming comunity din't suport the xbox...

The majority of the gaming community didn't support X-Box. They supported PS2.

... when it was the most powerful hardware with HDD build in,they will suport it now that the the hardware advanatge is gone and HDD is not standar,even him is saying that the consoles are on par,which could literaly mean sony has the best tech and we will not admit it.

MX had zero console presence when XBOX launched. (Much different than today). Coming out later than PS2, MS had to give early adopters a reason to buy it. MS had exactly two things going for them:

1) Better hardware
2) Halo

Which brings us to the main reason why anyone would think that people would support xbox 360 (or any other console)...games.

Joe DeFuria said:

MX had zero console presence when XBOX launched. (Much different than today). Coming out later than PS2, MS had to give early adopters a reason to buy it. MS had exactly two things going for them:

1) Better hardware
2) Halo

Which brings us to the main reason why anyone would think that people would support xbox 360 (or any other console)...games.

Joe DeFuria said:

That is what i say...

Oh Sony din't either in 1994 and they whent to sell 100 million PS,that is not and escuse for failure.

Thegameman said:
Oh Sony din't either in 1994 and they whent to sell 100 million PS,that is not and escuse for failure.

the saturn was an expensive failure, and N64 was a a year or so away, they had the first console built for 3d graphics

it was a number of reasons sony came out on top, if the saturn was a better console and the N64 came out sooner with more games then it had, I don't think sony would have been able to take the market

Joe DeFuria said:

1) Better hardware
2) Halo

halo might have been the killer app, but the xbox at launch had a number of other exclusives, and games that were ported to it had extra content. in fact, i can't remember a single port in the launch window that didn't have a little something extra for xbox owners, even if the game was launched on multiple systems at the same time. spider-man, for example, had extra levels and an extrs boss (kraven), dave mirra 2 had a couple of extra levels ect. nothing really huge, but it showed microsoft was working with developers and publishers to give the consumer a little more.

with 360, many of the ports are actualy inferior to what's being offered on the older consoles. need for speed most wanted doesn't have the content from the black edition, madden, tiger woods, and live are missing features, and gun tony hawk offer the same gameplay with almost no graphical improvement for $10 more. tony hawk is a particular disapointment, because not only does the 360 version cost more and have no added content with basicly the same graphics, but the xbox version of american wasteland is on the BC list.

the amount of games microsoft has available at launch is impressive, but i'm still looking for the killer app. i'm not trying to talk down about the 360. the hardware is great (i don't expect to see a big differance between 360 and ps3), the form factor is much improved (for me xbox = ugliest console ever), and the controller is fantastic. IMHO best overall controller to date in terms of feel and weight, and windows compatability puts it over the top. live marketplace is a fine idea, but i fear it'll degrade into an outlet for publishers to do alot of double dipping. but that's very inviting for publishers, so you can bet 360 will have some solid support throughout it's lifetime.

jvd said:
Perhaps you should refrain from making statements then if you have no clue what your talking about .

Blatently bashing one system and praising another with no proof is not the proper way to act.

Esp then poking fun of another site member with the help of another poster .

Horrible behavior

Let's be clear here, I didn't bash anything nor did I poke fun of anyone. That's an overstatment as well as a dishonest one. I answered a question. You want proof that something does exist but I was never shown any that something doesn't exist. Yet, at the sametime, you presume to know what you think I don't because you don't. I believe that's bashing right there, but I'm not complaining. I believe you are overreacting. However, I will agree if you agree that it does sound ridiculous right about now. But like I told one other poster, we will see when the proper time comes. In the meantime and with all due respect, I would rather you not tell me how valid one statement is over the other because I didn't answer the question in the way you would have liked.

Good day.

Spidermate said:
You want proof that something does exist but I was never shown any that something doesn't exist.
You're the one stating something, you need to back it up. That's how it works. Putting the onus on someone else to prove your statement wrong is not how it works.

.Sis

drpepper said:
LOL, and Ballmer has an iPod hand delivered by Steve Jobs.

Well, probably not... ;)

Do MS employees ever use their own products? ;)
This is so silly. Are people on this board really shocked that an MS employee would own a PS2?

Also, in direct response to "Do MS employees ever use their own products"? That doesn't quite work since MS doesn't make any portable media players and the companies that are aren't terribly good at it.

.Sis

Spidermate said:
In the meantime and with all due respect, I would rather you not tell me how valid one statement is over the other because I didn't answer the question in the way you would have liked.

Good day.

Your statement that one can do 2 screens perfectly while the other barely manages to do one is one of the stupidest comments to be posted on this board in weeks.

Good Day.

Thread Locked

The Noise:Signal ratio says it's time for this thread to be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back