All Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

So I've read all this, but I don't understand the point of the argument beyond "X is better". Can someone cliff notes me the point of this cyclone of anecdotes? I must have missed what the argument is actually about somewhere in there.

Someone could be testing a game on a playstation and never use the machine again for gaming aswell. Many could see use cases as a blu ray player.
The graph does reflect pc gaming to be larger then all of console gaming combined. The pc gaming space sees a much more free to play market aswell. Again, its your mouth versus the findings done by Nvidia and other statistical agencies. Doubting them is going into that direction again. Aligning with that kind if spins, i could just outright disqualify your console numbers at will, aswell.

As per the topic, Sony has all the reason to expand to the pc market which is magnitudes larger then te Playstation ever will.

EA
https://www.statista.com/statistics/681580/revenue-electronic-arts-platform/
upload_2021-6-28_18-26-0.png

Ubisoft:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/269679/breakdown-of-ubisoft-sales-by-platform/
upload_2021-6-28_18-14-44.png

What about Take-2
https://www.statista.com/statistics/194457/revenue-breakdown-of-take-two-interactive-by-platform/
upload_2021-6-28_18-23-37.png

Where are all those hardcore gamers?
Is it probably because the super majority of the 1.5 Billion number includes non-gamers and people who play casual games like mineswipper, solitaire, sudoku, and 20-30 year old games?

Where are those core gamers that buy expensive GPUs to play the next Assasin's Creed, or Fifa or GTA V on high-Ultra settings?

It doesnt look like those 1.5 b "gamers" (that dont reflect on PC revenue) are relevant.

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-28_18-13-8.png
    upload_2021-6-28_18-13-8.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 2
Its it probably because the super majority of the 1.5 Billion number includes non-gamers and people who play casual games like mineswipper, solitaire, sudoku, and 20-30 year old games?
The same would be true for console users. While not current, data from 2017 indicates console usage is not entirely for gaming activities.

593f18afc4adee7a278b4ad6

Sony releasing games to the larger PC gaming eccosystem is great. However some view it as devaluing their console purchase while others do not.
This is it. Does what Sony make selling the PC games, make them more or less than if they don't?

The unknowable question being if Sony sell more - or rather, just enough - games on PC, will some people who do, can or might, game on PC and/or PlayStation switch their habits to buying on PC only. And if they do that, how much do Sony lose by those people not buying other games on PlayStation for which Sony get a licensing fee and sometimes a retailer cut.

It's basically a series of unknowns. If the PC gaming market really did have 1.5bn gamers buying games regularly, I'm pretty sure that's where Sony would be, those greedy money-loving liars. :yep2:

Define gaming system. I built a PC with an NVIDIA gaming GPU for my graphics work. There are people who buy GPUs in muliples for mining. Others are buying GPUs in multiples for rendering. A lot are buying PCs and labtops with GPUs without having in mind the primary purpose of a GPU.
Almost any if not all commercial PCs and laptops can be considered gaming devices since they are coming with GPUs.
Again, why dont the sales revenue reflect 1,5 Billion gamers?
They have a point - I bought an Xbox because I needed a new door stop.

The same would be true for console users. While not current, data from 2017 indicates console usage is not entirely for gaming activities.

593f18afc4adee7a278b4ad6
You don't buy a console to not play games, you can buy hundreds of other bits of toot significantly cheaper to do that (or just stick with last gen) - the fact it does other stuff is great because you can get better value from your purchase.

Essentially apples to oranges because the beauty of the PC is it's flexibility, but because that won't fit todays argument we'll just ignore it and move onto saying PC is where gaming is at and ignore all the data that suggests otherwise.

Sony releasing games to the larger PC gaming eccosystem is great. However some view it as devaluing their console purchase while others do not.
I dont know if it devalues it, it shouldnt do
but if a lot of sony games started coming to PC I would question my need to spend money to have a PS5 (*)
i.e. if sonys game titles came to PC, I expect they would sell a lot less PS5's

(*)disclosure: apart from playing a buzz quiz game on ps2 Ive never played anything on a sony console (i.e. Ive never held a sony gamepad in my life), though this is more than my total xbox experience, i.e. the odds of me buying a ps5 are <1%, Im more talking about a hypothetical PS5 buyer

"gamers" (that dont reflect on PC revenue) are relevant.

The statista stats arent counting digital sales from Steam etc. As per the other stats, the pc brings in more revenue then the consoles overall:
Very skewed numbers in your stats you copied in, mobile suddenly is one of the smallest lol

don't bother, mobile gaming shits on us all

The-Rise-of-Mobile-Gaming-Visualized-Viz.jpg

Theres a good reason why Sony is expanding more and more to the PC market.

i.e. if sonys game titles came to PC, I expect they would sell a lot less PS5's

Whys that?

(*)disclosure: apart from playing a buzz quiz game on ps2 Ive never played anything on a sony console (i.e. Ive never held a sony gamepad in my life), though this is more than my total xbox experience, i.e. the odds of me buying a ps5 are <1%, Im more talking about a hypothetical PS5 buyer

Wow, that was unexpected to say the least.

The statista stats arent counting digital sales from Steam etc.
When the company counts revenue they count revenue from every sale.
You can see it also here in EA's financial report:
upload_2021-6-29_11-52-31.png

Very skewed numbers in your stats you copied in, mobile suddenly is one of the smallest lol
Thats because it IS per each one of these companies.
Thats because the market as a total that makes the mobile gaming industry is made out of countless of small studios selling mobile specific casual games that make a bigger market.

The statista stats arent counting digital sales from Steam etc. As per the other stats, the pc brings in more revenue then the consoles overall:

Theres a good reason why Sony is expanding more and more to the PC market.

The graph you are using does nothing to suggest why Sony are moving into PC gaming (if they are in anything other than the occasional release of 2+ year old PS exclusives). That graph represents a significantly larger audience that is spending significantly less per head. It also includes things like browser games etc. Sony have clearly shown they are more interested in big budget titles selling at £70 a pop - the PC market is not the one for that type of game.

Honestly, you can spin stats to say whatever you want.

You should look at all the big companies that are releasing real figures, this is where Sony sit - not the chart you're looking at.

When the company counts revenue they count revenue from every sale.
You can see it also here in EA's financial report:
View attachment 5630

Thats because it IS per each one of these companies.
Thats because the market as a total that makes the mobile gaming industry is made out of countless of small studios selling mobile specific casual games that make a bigger market.
Please refrain from bringing common sense into this argument!

Much easier to google and find random stats which we don't know what the data is actually based on...here's another one;

PC vs Console vs Mobile Games: What market is the best bet? — One Earth Rising

In 2019 Console gaming was worth ~25-30% more and growing significantly faster than PC gaming...dang man, by now Console gaming be 2x PC. Fact.

How Much Is the Gaming Industry Worth in 2021? - TechJury

"PC games are predicted to generate $32.3 billion in profits in 2021 and to have 19% of the global games market. Console games, on the other hand, will get 22%."

More fact.

PC gaming has the most users, and according to stats, the largest revenue.

Also, your comparing ALL consoles, which probably includes handhelds, Nintendo consoles etc. Just Sony is quite a small player with a max cap of 100 million consoles per generation which spans over 7+ years.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/...ldwide-are-gamers-and-nearly-half-play-on-pcs

There are some clear trends aswell

Nvidia-Game-Sales-Data-640x357.jpg

Geforce PC audience

There are more pc gamers than there are Play station gamers out there, a larger market value aswell. Its no surprise we see sony focus more and more on the platform.

PC gaming has the most users, and according to stats, the largest revenue.

Also, your comparing ALL consoles, which probably includes handhelds, Nintendo consoles etc. Just Sony is quite a small player with a max cap of 100 million consoles per generation which spans over 7+ years.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/...ldwide-are-gamers-and-nearly-half-play-on-pcs

There are some clear trends aswell

Nvidia-Game-Sales-Data-640x357.jpg

Geforce PC audience

There are more pc gamers than there are Play station gamers out there, a larger market value aswell. Its no surprise we see sony focus more and more on the platform.
Did you even do the math? 32bm monies split by 1.5bn buyers = naff all

You sound like a broken record, go back and look at the present figures that actually matter - those of big companies making big bucks. See where the biggest bucks come from.

It really is that simple.

It really is that simple.

Lol. There are +70% android users out there, yet IOS with its much and much smaller install base covers a larger revenue. It doesnt say all that much about install base.

If that where a fact anyway, it seems that the pc market covers about as much revenue as all consoles combined. Compared to the PC market, the PS is quite tiny in both revenue and install base.

Lol. There are +70% android users out there, yet IOS with its much and much smaller install base covers a larger revenue. It doesnt say all that much about install base.

If that where a fact anyway, it seems that the pc market covers about as much revenue as all consoles combined. Compared to the PC market, the PS is quite tiny in both revenue and install base.

Well, it stands to reason that a business person wants to invest into the platform with the largest instal base of consumers that ACTUALLY CONSUME, no?

Anyway, wasn't this whole spiral of an argument started to dispute what the typical PC gamer hw is like today, and how ps5 compares, or has the spinning gotten me confused with a different thread by now?

Well, it stands to reason that a business person wants to invest into the platform with the largest instal base of consumers that ACTUALLY CONSUME, no?

While true, its also a reason to exploit a potentional much larger market. You cant just look in the here & now..... MS certainly knows where the money is (gamepass).
Anyway, its also abit strange to compare the whole console market, which includes even handheld devices to a singular PC gaming platform. As per the topic, just PS vs PC, the latter has both a larger install base and more revenue.

Anyway, wasn't this whole spiral of an argument started to dispute what the typical PC gamer hw is like today, and how ps5 compares, or has the spinning gotten me confused with a different thread by now?

The amount of users that have a PS5 vs the amount of pc gamers owner equally capable hardware is quite hard to find out exactly, but i guess the difference aint huge. Most PS users are on PS4's still, too. (hence crossy gen).

Back