Alien Isolation

I finished it on hard. You can hide from the Alien under tables. You just have to make sure he doesnt see you before you hide

I started on Hard immediately [on PS4], and I had great time. I never found hiding difficult, just very tense. I also never wasted a lot of time hiding, as soon as alien is away I found that I can stand and walk [NEVER RIN]. You can hide under desks/gurneys, but you must keep something between you and him. When he screams, you are done.

Use lean a lot. Alien and humans can't spot you when you are leaning. Some androids can [at least in my playthrough on hard].

When it comes to hiding behind or underneath stuff the game strikes me as remarkably fair and transparent. If you're hiding under a desk in a room adjacent to a corridor, the alien will only see you when it takes a peek inside and more or less manages to make eye contact. So yeah, a table is definitely not a guaranteed safe spot. If the table is rather close to the door however, the creature's head usually doesn't come within your own field of view. In that instance you should be okay.

And always walk, preferably crouched. Dont use the tracker too much. Use it only to get a glimpse of its possible position. The alien is very sensitive to sounds including the tracker. Listen to the environment mostly if you want to get a hint of the Alien's whereabouts. If you hear sounds on the ceilings by all means move slowly

If alien is in the ducts, you can walk normally. If he rotates between floor and ducts, then the time window for walking is very small.

My god I am so angry with myself
for some reason I assumed I was bulletproof, I approached 3 humans and they started firing at me so I just stood there exchanging fire and reloading I didn't move at all, didn't seek cover, stood right out in the open I just behaved like the worlds worst npc a.i and eventually died and of course i hadn't saved for nearly 2 hours. i cant believe i acted so stupidly.

Another time I was killed by the alien and because i was accessing a terminal at the time I couldnt esc out of it quickly enough to try something to save myself, This happened to me twice so i decided to to plant a pipe bomb in the pathway to the terminal to at least give me some warning. This time the alien never showed up. About 45minutes later i was back in the general area and suddenly Game Over "you cannot kill civilians" turns out one of the npc's decided to walk over my pipe bomb :(

Last edited:
If alien is in the ducts, you can walk normally. If he rotates between floor and ducts, then the time window for walking is very small.
I think there is a difference between hearing it in the ducts and just knowing it is in ducts. When you can hear it in the ducts near you there are higher chances he will appear if you dont walk slowly. AT least this is the impression I got

btw nobody seemed to have discussed about the ending

It even made me to suspect that her last encounter with the Alien was not real.

The ending was bit abrupt.

I fully expected that there was alien on board, but I did not like that they could so freely walk on the surface of the station. Shame they did not have some other narrative structure structure for the cliffhanger. It came and went too quickly, without any possible explanation how she could be saved.

Last edited:
I really liked the ending. I thought it was pitch perfect. But then I also thought both Alien3's as well as the Order's ending were quite strong. I also wouldn't really call the ending abrupt. As far as I'm concerned the last few moments of the game simply wrapped up an ending that's been going on for hours already. Alien simply isn't The Lord of the Rings. No happy androids jumping up on down on Amanda Ripley's bed needed here. There are few things I'd have appreciated less in Alien Isolation than the standardized Hollywood catharsis that's par for the course in the AAA gaming sphere.

Alien 3 is IMHO a great film [assembly cut] from start to end. :) On the other hand, Order 1886 missed longer buildup toward more meaningful end.

Toward the end, game clearly established Lucan as "mid tier" villain, and instead of having another 30min buildup toward true evil mastermind, game ended with Lucan. :-/

I thought the ending of the game (Alien Isolation) fell a bit flat. I'd persevered through the horror of the game (genuine horror, rather than the game being horrible) and when the ending happened I was a bit like "So that's it?!". I would have liked more closure.

I would have also liked to have seen the company arrive and try to capture one of the aliens

I hope that next game from CA will be either Aliens Isolation [Amanda does not need to be action hero already, but she needs to be surrounded with space marines who are put in difficult combat situations, same as Ripley] or Predator Isolation [Amanda taken by the Predators]. :D

Whatever they do next I wanna see the "Bitch" returns. Also to kick things up a notch you have this genetically enhanced queen from the company going rampant, she starts to killing for sport anything from humans to xenomorph drones. So you have to kill two birds in one stone by luring the alien queen to fight the spliced up super queen by isolating them to a locked chamber. I feel imagine the intensity of the atmosphere of such a scenario :).

Whatever they do next I hope they can have beter animations, and they can leave the spray paint out too, unless we can spray paint ourselves and it is shared with your friends online ;)

I hope that next game from CA
Actually I think CA would make an excellent System Shock 2 reboot or even a great System Shock 3.

ps: What is it about this game that occasionally turns me into a total noob ?
I've seen all the Alien films plus the AVP films, I've also played all of the alien games plus the AVP games.
So why in a million years did I think i would be safe from the alien by entering an ventilation duct ?

Back