Alien Isolation

I finished it and thoroughly enjoyed it. The alien encounters are superb and the trip below the engine room was terrifying. An awful lot of it didn't make sense though.

Lots of eggs - no queen?? Why the hell were there random eggs placed in very odd locations; near vents, far away from the nest? The films suggest the aliens bring the humans to the eggs for fertilisation.

Extended cut of Alien 1 showed that
lone Xenomoprh is also collecting and imprisoning humans in small hatchery enviroment it built in the ventialtion ducts of Nostromo. I don't remember if there was any egg shown there.

I finally got past that section. Turned out it was as easy as I thought, but coward that I am, I crawled to the terminal and never got up. When you do get up, you get the prompt to turn off the generator and it's easy peasy from there. Now I've progressed a fair bit, transitted to a new section and looking for something to restore power to looted hacking device ...

This reminds me of another thing that I really like about this game; the unpredictability. When I was stuck at the same place as Arwin - that being the first encounter with the Alien - I was quite surprised to find that the Alien is very very unpredictable. Sometimes it will come down, sometimes it will just stay hidden in the vents. And when it comes, and hunts for you, it's always an exhilirating experience because you never quite know what it'll do next. Sometimes it will walk slow, then suddenly speed up. I'd say this is one of best things about this game. Makes it even more frightning.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm playing it on easy. I have no idea how much more difficult the higher settings are, but easy hasn't been easy at all. The Alien is very responsive and last time I played (I'm guessing I'm in the 2nd half of the game), it walked past me a few times while I was hiding under a table and to my horror, the 3rd time, it suddenly turned and killed me instantly without even a hint it was aware of me being there. Scared the bejesus out of me. This, after I've avoided the Alien many many times while hiding underneath a table. Turns out the Alien will in fact adapt to how you play the game. I have no idea if the Alien is even more aggressive on the higher settings - but even on easy, I am amazed to see how much you can agitate the thing. Shoot it or provoke it and it will result in the Alien coming down more often and running around as it looks for you.

On the upside, I have a full stash of everything most of the time; Over supply of med kits and other accessories that I never really need much. Not sure if this is something that is easier on the easy levels, but then again, I am playing it a bit like a chicken anyway - mostly crawling, hiding, crawling, hiding - and repeat. So I guess I'm pretty safe most of the time.

I will definately replay this again on a higher difficulty setting once I completed it. It's too good of a game not to.

The Alien does indeed adapt. I finished it on hard. I died countless of times. The tracker was a double edge sword. The Alien can hear it. I was moving on crouched position most of the time. It is the best option if you dont want the Alien to appear. I was listening to the sounds in the environment to get a hint if the Alien was near. If I used the tracker it was only for a few seconds unless the Alien was clearly far away.

I'm playing on Hard (?) difficulty, the step down from hardest I believe as I wanted the Alien to be a real challenge, and he is! Not only the alien though, the humans and androids are definitely a challenge. It's taken many many different tries and very careful manoeuvring to get past certain spots. Once I do though my heart is usually pumping so much I'm sweating and I need to take a break. I don't think I've ever played a game that has been so intense.

Damn you guys. Now I'm starting to regret I was such a chicken when I chose 'easy'... At least I'll get a good reason to play through it again!

I think the original Newborn was even more creepy, but I'm too scared to look up actual images ;)
How about now?
It took me fucking ages with this stupid computer to reach this level of detail. Too many crashes and too many loading times. Precious time was wasted for nothing. There were times I wanted to punch my laptop. I revisited the model countless of times making changes again and again and again never reaching a satisfactory look. The original material I found on the internet were low res images from small figurines. I was looking everywhere for proper movie material that would help me model it more faithfully. Found some BTS images. They werent enough. Then I found youtube BTS footage and used those. Achieving the proper faciaal details was a challenge. I wanted my model to be able to replicate his different expressions in the movie which I found marvelous.
I dont know where I found the patience. I am still not done with him.
16337383929_ba9d8941cf_h.jpg

I prefer the look of that to the one in the film. It's got more Giger to it - nice work.

The original one was a disappointment.

That sculpt looks super nice but it doesn't have the vaginapenis ;)

You've got some real talent there. I'd suggest looking into anatomy books and maybe an online course from someone like Scott Eaton, should let you take your work even further!

Thank you :D

I googled Scott Eaton and oh my! I am super impressed. Yes. Anatomy is very important. Thats definitely something I need to dive into :)

A very quick question: Has anyone tried to complete Alien Isolation on [hard] on their first playthrough? I just started a new playthrough on a local user account and opted to try it on hard. Damn, it's REALLY hard. From what I gather, there is absolutely no way to hide from the Alien by going under tables, as the Alien sees you? Is that correct or was I just unlucky? On my other playthrough (which I still haven't completed), hiding under tables was pretty convinient, at least until the later stages of the game where the Alien slowly catches on and finds you there... but on hard, it doesn't even work in the area where you first encounter the Alien..........?

Back