Alien Isolation

Still embarrassed to say that Alien Isolation remains on my HDD, totally untouched since my first encounter with the alien. Which I tried to play a few times. I'm just... a little scared... I'll find the courage to play it. One day. I will, promise!

One of the most terrifying moments so far was actually in the vents and the alien actually reached in and ripped me out of it.

Heh. You don't even know what the true fear is. Toward the end of the game, one area managed to achieve and maybe surpass the "P.T." level of horror and tension.

Heh. You don't even know what the true fear is. Toward the end of the game, one area managed to achieve and maybe surpass the "P.T." level of horror and tension.
Under the engine room? That was the bit that I struggled with

Sad to hear that. I think Alien is an awesome game, huge props to Creative Assembly.
Make a great game, get good ratings and long-term sales and your publisher dislike you and will probably drop you.
It would be interesting if the project was profitable

I really enjoyed the game but I'm starting to realize that not that many people considered playing it.

It's been cheap on PSN for a while but isn't my kind of game.

Sad to hear that. I think Alien is an awesome game, huge props to Creative Assembly.
Make a great game, get good ratings and long-term sales and your publisher dislike you and will probably drop you.
It would be interesting if the project was profitable

Indeed. I haven't completed it yet... but slowly getting there. IMO the biggest surprise in a long time and it will possibly go down as one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Right up there with how I felt when I played Resident Evil back on PS1. It's a pitty so many people are passing on this. It's starts slow, and at first the controls might be a bit edgy etc, but it really really picks up eventually. It's far surpassed many other games in terms of atmosphere and sound too.

This game is so good, I've been playing it again and i am realizing why i picked this as my 2014 GOTY. I really want a sequel to happen, if i could fund it i would :)

22601018490_b7fabbd862_o.jpg

22775461942_1348c4fb26_o.jpg

22370601058_24ebf1cdc1_o.jpg

22800175821_851e2d9c2a_o.jpg

Oh and btw, Amanda is 10 times the badass the new Lara Croft ever dreamed of being :yep2:

Last edited:
CA seems to be pretty damn busy nowadays, like three Total War games and Halo Wars 2. A:I also didn't really sell that well as far as I know :(

It sold over 2.1m last time they released numbers, i think that's pretty good for this type of game. I would take A:I 2 over Halo Wars or Total War any time of the week (and i've spent quite some time with both, especially Total War), and i would expect a sequel to cost significantly less when they have such good base with the first game to begin with.

From videos, screenshots, reviews, etc. I recognize the game looks great, the atmosphere must be breathtaking and it should do wonders at what it proposes to do.

But I don't want to play it. When I find the time to play something other than Witcher 3 (which should be in about 5 or 6 years from now), I'll rather play the QTE-infested and terrible-boob-physics Ryse than to play Alien Isolation.

I'm sorry Creative Assembly. It's not you, it's me. You made the best possible game that could make a gamer shit their pants. I'm just not fond of shitting my pants.

Sometimes life's a bitch and it's all just about developing a title that gamers want to play. That's why Alien Isolation sold "poorly" and the guy who copy/pasted flappy bird on the Play Store is now rich.
There's not much more that can be said..

I can only imagine what the ideal mass market survival horror would be. Scifi would need to go. Horror would probably need to be removed too lol. It would need multiplayer.

I feel Left4Dead is something close. But it's probably too complex. And it's skill based so yeah no go. ;)

By the way I think SOMA was at least as entertaining as AI. I didn't really dig the crafting in AI. Seemed silly.

Last edited:
Here's an idea, make a sequel and have it be compatible with Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Playstation VR, release date late 2016 (if it is already in development) or early to mid 2017 if it is not. Make the experience focused around Alien encounters and quiet moments and tone down working Joes and enemy human encounters. Boom, instant hit on VR. And the game can work outside of VR as well, like A:I works both with Oculus and without.

Marketing wise you also take advantage of word of mouth and the marketing push of PSVR/Oculus/Vive. If a potential A:I 2 turns out to be a polished VR experience when most people go out and buy a VR headset they will probably want to try games on it, why not have a full fledged game that works great with VR available close to release of the headsets? And if they can't hit that target for 2016 they can release A:I as a "VR enabled version" that works with PSVR/Oculus/Vive at a lower price (around $30) and have the sequel follow up later on. It seems like such a waste to let all that they've built for Alien: Isolation go to waste and never touch the franchise again. Especially because of its potential to be one of the few meaningful VR experiences, the one thing that might make people buy a VR headset in the first place.

Last edited:
Back