Accurate human rendering in game [2014-2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, the skin tone, eyes and hair look pretty spot on. Still, something is too perfect to make it look like CGI instead of real.

Resident Evil VII: Photogrammetry @CEDEC 2016

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/6eXV0

Left image is a reference photo.
Not sure what's it is that's still not right in their skin... Seems like maybe fine-detail subsurface isn't there to smooth out the plaster look of the skin bumps. Also, spec is too narrow? Amazing work anyway. I'm digging for nitpicks.
riccardo-minervino-new-hair-05.jpg
riccardo-minervino-eye-fullhd.jpg

Thats impressive but the in game characters unfortunately are a far cry from that quality. Not even close.
But that CGI render is outstandingly close. So close that I believe they have some extremely accurate scanning technology. Even the hair and the wrinkles are identical

Thats impressive but the in game characters unfortunately are a far cry from that quality. Not even close.
But that CGI render is outstandingly close. So close that I believe they have some extremely accurate scanning technology. Even the hair and the wrinkles are identical
Where was the photo of the actor, only one I saw was the animation test helmet cam.

Good point. Disregard my RE VII post. "Rendered in Octane Render." I would actually appreciate it if a mod deleted it. Doesn't look like I can edit it myself.

STAR WARS Battlefront human faces

Battlefront_human_facetech (1) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

Battlefront_human_facetech (2) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

Battlefront_human_facetech (9) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

More screenshots:

Good work and the existing technique was used well to make it look realistic. SSS seems to be missing. It is overall far away from high end in polygon count etc.. The render budget is relatively low and is designed for a 60Hz multiplayer on console with 40 players. It looks very good for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back