AAAHH System CRASHING!

You protect yourself best from viri by using a bit of forethought and common sense, and if you think you've been hit by one THEN you install Norton and run it to clean it off.

Active virus protection is for (l)users, not hardcore geeks. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
You protect yourself best from viri by using a bit of forethought and common sense, and if you think you've been hit by one THEN you install Norton and run it to clean it off.

Active virus protection is for (l)users, not hardcore geeks. ;)

Well if i had the guarantee that using Firefox shields me 100% from any form of virus or worm or whatever else, i'd uninstall Norton.

As it stands, i'm not sure i want to leave it out.

You won't ever get that guarantee from ANY piece of software, and if you do they're lying....even Norton.

No anti-virus software is 100% effective all of the time unless it totally cuts off your access to everything, that's just the way it is.

You have to find a balance between what you find an acceptable risk level and functionality of your PC.

Everyone's is different, but I really don't recomend running active viri protection on a high-end gaming PC. It borks things up too much.

digitalwanderer said:
You won't ever get that guarantee from ANY piece of software, and if you do they're lying....even Norton.

No anti-virus software is 100% effective all of the time unless it totally cuts off your access to everything, that's just the way it is.

You have to find a balance between what you find an acceptable risk level and functionality of your PC.

Everyone's is different, but I really don't recomend running active viri protection on a high-end gaming PC. It borks things up too much.

Well that's the first time i've heard that. Everyone i know have anti-virus programs installed and never had a problem, not sure why this is now happening to me.

okies.... dunno if this helps, but when i was looking for some serial numbers (just for testing reasons :p) i got to page where NOD32 alerted me that 2 trojans are trying to get installed, but Firefox also showed bar which said it prevented software from being installed from that page.....

now.... i dont want to test this by shutting down NOD32 and visiting there just to see if Firefox will be sufficient enough to protect me from shit being installed, but truth is.... if anything tries to isntal itself on your comp, FF asks....

i have 5 sites allowed installing .... offcourse all 5 are FF extension sites (somehow i think most people guessed that one) :LOL:

dunno if this helps, but this is my experience with this kind of problem....

and speaking of Norton....meh, i know you payed for it, but there are some pretty good anti viri for free.... and Norton is know to suck resources and be acctual pain in the back....

digitalwanderer said:
london-boy said:
Digi, you should be ASHAMED of yourself!!!

If it weren't for Natoma.... :devilish: :devilish:
Why, what, who? :?

What did I do this time? :|

It was just the new firefox "not getting on" with a plugin or extension i had. Just had to uninstall and delete everything concerning Firefox then reinstall... Fixed...

Good thing i had a backup copy of norton install file in my hard drive!!

BAD digi, BAD BAD!!
spank.gif

:D

Back