Steam Awards for 2022

So, PC gamers certainly enjoy Sony games. God of War won Outstanding story-Rich game while Spider-Man: MM won Outstanding Visual Style.

The following is interesting because a title can only be nominated for 1 category by any given Steam User. So, if I nominate (vote) for X title for Game of the Year, I cannot nominate (vote) for that title in any other category. The system is designed to try to prevent any title from winning multiple awards.

That makes it interesting that Elden Ring not only won Game of the Year but it also won Best Game You Suck At. IE - even splitting votes for the game between 2 categories still lead it to win those two categories. IE - a lot of Steam users bought and played that game.

It was hard for me to decide which category to put Elden Ring into as it actually deserved to win both of those categories. I ended up putting it in as my GOTY.

Regards,
SB

the Labor of Love award....I find it quite stupid, I guess any decent game is a labor of love.

Elden Ring is my souls-like most played game ever and while I am only 6-7 hours into it, I can quite understand why it got the GOTY now that I am starting to get the gameplay, and it's apparently the most awarded game to date, yes, ever....

the Labor of Love award....I find it quite stupid, I guess any decent game is a labor of love.
Yeah, that's why they have an award for it since those are so rare. ;)

EDITED BITS: Cyberpunk won for "labor of love", who the hell rigged that? šŸ˜²

Yes, the Labor of Love reward is meant for games that released in a bad condition but then the developer continued to pour resources into it to continually improve the condition of the game. This is opposite of the more common trend that we've seen where a game might receive a token patch or two after release and then it's just dropped by the developer.

Hence, "Labor of Love", as in, the developer truly believes in the game (love) and will do everything they can (spend a lot of labor) to fix it and make it into the game they wanted to release and people wanted to play.

Regards,
SB

Back