40,000 ps3's for Canada

Look at that picture of the continents and tell me that the Australian country includes the islands of Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand. The island of Australia is a country. Australia and a number of surrounding islands consitute(d) the continent of Australasia, which was renamed to be politically correct as with that name it sounded like Australia was a controlling entity. That's why it's called Oceania now. Least, that's how it's presented over here. You have to bear in mind that the continents are principly loose groupings based on navigators charting territories. The term continent doesn't really mean anything beyond that.

This is all irrelvant anyway. Even if Australia, a single island, is classed as a continent on its own, is it really sensible that Australia should get preference over Canada as an island of lower population, landmass, and economy? Should Australia get preferrential treatment over the UK too, because it's a bigger landmass and a continent, despite having a market a fraction of the UK's size? If that's valid reasoning, Antartica should be getting one PS3 for every inhabitant!

lol, why take this thing seriously? i was only joking when i said that we should get more respects since as i know australia is a continent.

lol, why take this thing seriously? i was only joking when i said that we should get more respects since as i know australia is a continent.
Stick a wink on the end then ;) so people know you're not being serious. Ludicrous statements can't be assumed to be people joking around because there are ludicrous people being ludicrous in all seriousness, and those ludicrous people need to be jumped on with ferocious severity :devilish:

;)

Back