40,000 ps3's for Canada

cananda is bloody lucky to get that much so stop complaining, down under our land is bigger than canada and we get nothing until march and i doubt we get that many.

we can continue this game. the EU has the biggest population and we dont receive it till the summer :devilish:

cananda is bloody lucky to get that much so stop complaining, down under our land is bigger than canada and we get nothing until march and i doubt we get that many.
Canada has 30% more land, 50% more people than Australia, and 60% higher GDP. What are you talking about?

We get no respect. :(

Canada has 30% more land, 50% more people than Australia, and 60% higher GDP. What are you talking about?

We get no respect. :(

but canada is not a continent but australia is, thus we deserve more respect.

getting back to topic i heard there were shootings/robbery and stampede during the launch of the ps3 in North America.

Last edited by a moderator:
but canada is not a continent but australia is, thus we deserve more respect.
Australia is a country, in the continent of Oceana. Even when it was Australasia, Australia was one country in the continent. The reason Australia (and New Zealand) are less likely to be served is costs of getting stuff over there and the smaller market. Canada's a hop and skip north of the US border (or SE of the US border, if you go by Alaska. How many PS3 did they get?!) making everything easy with the distribution.

Australia is a country, in the continent of Oceana. Even when it was Australasia, Australia was one country in the continent. The reason Australia (and New Zealand) are less likely to be served is costs of getting stuff over there and the smaller market. Canada's a hop and skip north of the US border (or SE of the US border, if you go by Alaska. How many PS3 did they get?!) making everything easy with the distribution.

where did you get the idea that Oceania is a continent? as far i know that Oceania is a region not a continent and Australia is an island continent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

where did you get the idea that Oceania is a continent? as far i know that Oceania is a region not a continent and Australia is an island continent.

In Europe they teach you that Oceania is a continent.
The English also call it Australasia.
Australia is a country, not a continent.

Unless i bumped my head and i dreamt all of that... I'm pretty sure that what i learned from school in Italy.

No that this things changes anything really...

did you they teach you that Australia is an island as well?

Well i'm not sure. As far as i know Australia is a country, and it's a big fat "island" too. I think it's too big to be called an island... but... Why? Can't we call it an island if we want? Does it change the fact that it's Australia, a nice big country in the middle of the ocean?

Look at that picture of the continents and tell me that the Australian country includes the islands of Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand. The island of Australia is a country. Australia and a number of surrounding islands consitute(d) the continent of Australasia, which was renamed to be politically correct as with that name it sounded like Australia was a controlling entity. That's why it's called Oceania now. Least, that's how it's presented over here. You have to bear in mind that the continents are principly loose groupings based on navigators charting territories. The term continent doesn't really mean anything beyond that.

This is all irrelvant anyway. Even if Australia, a single island, is classed as a continent on its own, is it really sensible that Australia should get preference over Canada as an island of lower population, landmass, and economy? Should Australia get preferrential treatment over the UK too, because it's a bigger landmass and a continent, despite having a market a fraction of the UK's size? If that's valid reasoning, Antartica should be getting one PS3 for every inhabitant!

Back