3D toolkit or control needed

davepylatuk

Newcomer
Hello all, new to the forum here.

I have a requirement to enable 3D technology in an existing application of mine. The application currently draws 2D drawings of underground drainage pipes and manhole structures.

I currently do not build or store 3D models, however I store all data required to create these models. They are actually quite simple and consist of:

- 3D cylinders (tapered and straight) stacked one on top of each other (various diameters and heights)
- Pipes of various sizes and lengths
- Labels for each item

Ideally I would like to use an Activex programatically create these models, let the user view them in my application and then ultimately export them to a 3D PDF model. Any information or direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

You want to create models programatically rather than model them in a cad program why ?
I would suggest use autodesk or catia

Because my software automatically creates complex drawings, based on very minimal data entered by the user. Thousands of drawings per day.

then youve already created a program to do that why would you want to rewrite it using activex I doubt you will find an activex control that does what you want
you would need to create your own for that you need visual studio
but it looks like you just need an export to pdf model function in your code
how about adobe acrobat sdk ?
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat.html

Back