[360,PS3] Vanquish - New game from Shinji Mikami

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/22/vanquish_demo/

Looking to get your hands on Shinji Mikami and Platinum Games's new PS3 and Xbox 360 action title Vanquish? Your chance will come in just a couple of weeks. Sega is planning to release demo for both platforms on September 2.

Producer Atsushi Inaba revealed plans for the demo on the 21st during an interview session with Gamespot Japan that was conducted at the Akihabara leg of a Vanquish retail demo event.

The demo will be titled "Vanquish Official Demo - Velocity Attack" and will allow players to work through a prologue sequence along with a boss fight against Argos. Players will be able to try out casual and normal difficulty settings, along with the game's auto aim feature (limited just to casual difficulty).

Japan only ?

The funny thing about this game is to me it's moved way up my ladder because of all the delays.

Now that Crysis 2 etc have bumped to spring, and I've never been much of a COD fan, suddenly there's not much for me this year beyond Reach (which also comes pretty early in the season), and Vanquish becomes a lot more attractive by virtue of being last man standing.

I'm also definitely going to wait on reviews with this one though. Lost Planet 2 looked nice as well, til the reviews came in.

Had a chance to test this game at the MS booth.
Gameplay was superb! It was action pur, controlled very well and made ultimate fun - I will buy this game for sure!!

Okay, here some other stuff: the demo was very long. The same stuff as shown in vids. What I liked: controlls of this game are sensational. A lot of different moves and stuff to do. A lot of chaos and effects and particles flying around. And then there was even kind of boss fight (a giant robot) which had different stages, different weak points and was pure war chaos - great. It took like 10min to take this guy out...

Really looking forward to the demo, if I like it a lot I will probably buy at launch.
I'm not worried, I'm trust in Mikami...my only doubt it's about the resolution on the ps3... the game use a lot of high buffer, vsync & steady 30 fps... I suspect the 1024x720p about MazingerDude analysis could reveal how the final resolution...

http://platinumgames.com/2010/08/26/programming-the-engine-behind-vanquish/

PROGRAMMING THE ENGINE BEHIND VANQUISH

Hi. My name is Hideaki Nakata, and I was in charge of Vanquish’s PS3 Engine as well as overall engine tuning. I thought I would write a blog entry to give you some insight into the system programming on Vanquish.

While the Vanquish engine is based on work done on Bayonetta, it was for that reason that we had a lot of work to do changing things for this project. For instance, we completely rewrote the renderer, implementing a technique known as “deferred rendering.” I think the new renderer turned out quite well.

We also tuned the title so that if you play Vanquish on the PS3 or the Xbox 360 you should notice little to no differences. Even the developers on the Vanquish team have a hard time telling the two versions apart at a glance… So no matter which console you have, you have nothing to worry about!

Says them. Don't kill the messenger if it turns out otherwise. :runaway:

Hm, I don't remember the gaming looking specifically good or something like this, probably the art which was not that inspired or the setting (btw, I hope they have more different settings in this game!!)

But I remember, that it made ultimate fun to play this game and that it was a real blast (one of the rare demos I played two times!)

Hm, I don't remember the gaming looking specifically good or something like this, probably the art which was not that inspired or the setting (btw, I hope they have more different settings in this game!!)

But I remember, that it made ultimate fun to play this game and that it was a real blast (one of the rare demos I played two times!)

PS3 or 360 ver? :)

PS3 or 360 ver? :)

I tried it in the MS booth on a Xbox360 - not sure if it was even available on PS3?
I wonder if the statements of the devs about platform parity are really true?
There was a lot going on during the battles: explosions (for instance, everytime you kill a normal soldier(!) it exploded :cool:) smoke particles, it seemed to me that some of the environment was even partially destructable...and I cannot remember getting a noticable slowdown during my play testing!

I'm not worried, I'm trust in Mikami...my only doubt it's about the resolution on the ps3... the game use a lot of high buffer, vsync & steady 30 fps... I suspect the 1024x720p about MazingerDude analysis could reveal how the final resolution...

So what? Didn't stop MGS4 from becoming a phenomenal game now did it?

We should have learned to not trust what the developers say about their games' graphical abilities. See Halo 3, Bioshock, Alan Wake, Mafia 2, etc.

Well, a modified Bayonetta engine does not sound very encouraging for us PS3 owners, but the point is that the gameplay of Bayonetta was so so much fun that I replayed the demo 3 times without ever realising whther the graphics were good or bad :) ! But of course, it would have been great if it had looked like Uncharted 2 too ! :cool:

Back