[360,PS3] Vanquish - New game from Shinji Mikami

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64673

Sega of America has just confirmed the upcoming Platinum Games developed shooter, Vanquish, is set to hit stores in North America on October 19 for the XBox 360 and PlayStation 3. Earlier today the European release was announced for October 22, a day later than the previously announced Japanese release date.

Pre-order bonus...

The Tri-Weapon pack contains a small arsenal of experimental technology, made up of the Boost Machine Gun, Anti-Armor Pistol and Laser Cannon. This triple threat of futuristic weaponry gives players an edge in surviving the frenetic and massive battles onboard the vast space station setting of Vanquish.

The Boost Machine Gun is an early experimental weapon with impressive overall fire power and the speed to dispense rounds similar to that of a heavy machine gun. The Anti-Armor Pistol fires a special penetrative shell and was manufactured to tackle hostile forces with much stronger armor. Finally, the Laser Cannon is a miniaturized space warship laser and is more powerful than any other weapon available for infantry.

http://platinumgames.com/2010/07/29/a-different-kind-of-game/

Vanquish has four difficulty settings to choose from. One that is surprisingly fun is Casual Automatic mode. Before we started work on it, I can’t say that I had high hopes; however, once we got it up and running, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was wrong. Once you get your target on the enemy, the rest is easy as pie. I’m sure saying it that way makes it sound totally uninteresting, but when you actually give it a shot, the tempo it gives the game play will make you jump up and say, “Woohoo!”

\^o^/

Over-the-top action:

[size=-2]Hmm... this game may require nimble fingers.[/size]

thanks for the link!

I wonder how much variety there is in this game with respect to the settings!

The only footage we saw up to now shows the same (rather boring) environment, which is ok as this basically all from the same demo I guess...I just hope that there are some crazy different locations in this game and different cool settings!!

Many other games only show one location for demo though. I think they'd rather spend the resources on developing real levels at this point.

I noticed that the enemy grunts can deploy movable barriers to protect themselves. In general, I prefer the devs to spend more time on enemy combat AI. If their AI is smart enough to change the encounter every time, the gameplay should remain "fresh" during replay.

I cant believe how good looking that new youtube footage is. Sub HD or no this game looks insane.

It seems like something Itagaki should be behind, not the very average looking (graphically at least) Devil's Third.

Game looks completely insane ! Must buy for me as well.
Also gotta love the japanese character artists, they mostly make great looking character designs.

Make this game have an epic soundtrack, lots of well delivered one liners :p , and I won't ask for anything more.

A similar power-armored Russian rival?! Well I'll be damned....
rlz4ib.png

Not a showstopper. RFOM sniper rifle could pause time in SP campaign, but it's a regular weapon in MP.

I thought that article said the canine or human partner idea has been canned ?

Yeah i know it got canned, i just thought that would be a cool way to implement it the dog had rockets and mobile cover mechanics.
But i dont think a 15 hour coop campaign is any fun way to long if you ask me. A good coop campaign is like 4~6 hours a game you can play in one sitting to be more exact.

Back