[360,PS3] Vanquish - New game from Shinji Mikami

Couldn't you just remove a number of frames of the characters animation so the character appeared to move rapidly from one spot to another?

Couldn't you just remove a number of frames of the characters animation so the character appeared to move rapidly from one spot to another?

That would be totally unplayable? Kind of like what happens on standard online games with lots of laggy player connections?

That would be totally unplayable? Kind of like what happens on standard online games with lots of laggy player connections?

The difference being that lag causes frames to be dropped uncontrollably. The other players games would be un-affected, the other player would just seem to move from one place to the other. Of course there would have to be some form of blurring taking place, maybe like an after image. Sort of like the bad dude in Riddick.

I guess there would be additional overhead with calculating a player trajectory, that would be a good use of distributed computing over a PvP network.

Skip the boost and slo-mo in MP mode.

But that would relegate it to being just another shooter, albeit a very pretty and slick one.

When these kinds of effects can be incorporated into MP games at very little cost because you have the power of a known network at your disposal, that will be a cool day.

Challenge Level 4 completed in under 3:00....and you thought you had skillz...:LOL:

Didn't know there was a Level 6 but here it is same godly player. Watch it in 720P for better quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played and finished this little beauty at the weekend...

Such a fantastic game!!! :D

Plus, as much as the game got lambasted in the press for it's story, i thought the story was fun and entertaining and sufficient for a game like this. I think many of the reviewers probably misunderstood it, and thought the game's story was trying to take itself seriously, which it clearly wasn't.

An altogether awesome game which deserved far better sales.

Just played and finished this little beauty at the weekend...

Such a fantastic game!!! :D

You don't say !

Plus, as much as the game got lambasted in the press for it's story, i thought the story was fun and entertaining and sufficient for a game like this.

The story works well enough to chain the levels together. For some strange reason, the game reminded me of the arcade days eons ago.

Back