[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

I spam the right trigger to fix the camera in battles.

Yeah, it wasn't difficult to overcome in NG1 either, before you could use the right analog to tweak the camera. That doesn't make it not a sucky camera, though.

Honestly, taping the right trigger constantly isn't some crazy skill, nor is everyone who complains about the camera somehow who actually can't handle the challenge. Despite what that author writes.

I don't find way of the warrior too hard.

Sure I die a couple of times before I have figured out how to beat a certain boss but that's it.

Currently at chapter 5.

Finally beat it! It was oh soooo satisfying using the obliteration technique on the last boss :D Once the DLC for additional costumes shows up, I'll got another run through.

Just for fun, I went back and played the Sigma demo and it's so obvious right away how much more frantic, fast paced and intense NG2 is compared to the older game.

Just for fun, I went back and played the Sigma demo and it's so obvious right away how much more frantic, fast paced and intense NG2 is compared to the older game.

Well for me, being surrounded by 3 black spider ninjas in Sigma was way more intense than being surrounded by hordes of wolf man in NG2 :LOL:

Well he is comparing a complete game to a demo, the NG2 demo wasn't exactly exciting - it was more of the same IMO.

Since the demo of NG2 is the same as the actual game play, the same applies. I still plan to buy Black off Live but between the 2 demos alone, my observations stand.

Since the demo of NG2 is the same as the actual game play, the same applies. I still plan to buy Black off Live but between the 2 demos alone, my observations stand.

You found the NG2 demo "frantic, fast paced and intense"? I thought the full game has many more bad guys at once, that was one of the few differences from the previous game.

You found the NG2 demo "frantic, fast paced and intense"? I thought the full game has many more bad guys at once, that was one of the few differences from the previous game.

The truth is that, the full game does feature many more baddies at once, only with a lot of slow downs. not so fast paced I'd say :LOL:

Well for me, being surrounded by 3 black spider ninjas in Sigma was way more intense than being surrounded by hordes of wolf man in NG2 :LOL:

huh, just now, a red/black spider ninja with one leg (thanks to me lol) did a suicide attack that took almost half my HP to zero, GAME OVER.

IMO, NG2 is more deadly and faster.

as for slowdown, it's disappointing but it's not in all places, just specific ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
The slowdowns suck, it's obviously rushed out. It lacks the polish of NG:B and no mission mode?! :cry:

It still is an awesome game, much faster than the original.

Dispatching Volf and then dealing with the crowd was great. I'm on Chapter 8, and after a shaky start it's better now that I'm not on the streets against mechs and auto rocket launchers.

Well, the original NG didn't have a mission mode.

later on with two dlc packs/black we got them.

Yeah, but this was supposed to be the definitive version. I really like this game, but NG:B is superior in some ways (only some ways though). IMO, Itagaki really nailed the combat.

I doubt anything worthwhile (dlc, patch or versions) will happen to NG with Itagaki gone. Hayashi will add a playable Sonia and more save points.

the game is flawed yes but still better than the first for me.

i don't care what it takes, i really want hurricane packs :(

Finally beat it! It was oh soooo satisfying using the obliteration technique on the last boss :D Once the DLC for additional costumes shows up, I'll got another run through.

Rest of NGS is "faster paced" and definitely more frantic compared to the demo level.
Unfortunately it doesn't make it better (save for boss battles).
That demo was great for me and totally sold me on the game, yet NGS ended up being the biggest disappointment of all time. Totally overrated port, reviewers gave a lot of free passes for that one too.

That said, depart of Itagaki is probably a blessing for the series and for Team Ninja for that matter.

I want a badass ninja game with good camera, level design, without unimaginative (or any other) monsters and adolescent notion of sexiness.

If anyone's interested, there's a fairly long documentary up on XBLM. It's split into two parts, 1.1GB and 1.2GB. I'm just downloading it now.

And finally Amazon.ca has gotten stock of the game, so I'll likely have it by Tuesday. Until then I'll be dicing it up with the demo soon... (Silver member)

So I downloaded NG1 off Live originals. First of all, anyone who claims that NG1 is better needs to go back and play it. Don't just base it off your memory. NG1 is quite meh compared to 2. I'm towards the later part of level 6.

Differences:
- As much as people complain about the camera, the camera in NG1 is MUCH worse. I'm abusing the right trigger to center the camera tons more than in NG2.

- The grahics in NG2 are clearly better as are the animation. The gameplay is also much faster. The lack of obliteration techniques make this rather boring in combat. The combat in NG1 isn't nearly as satisfying as in 2. I wouldn't even want to think of having the NG1 camera with the fast pace of NG2.

- Boss battles. The boss battles are fun in both. Team Ninja got this part down.

- The audio in NG2 is the most obvious improvement. The sound effects hit home better and you can hear the power of the different weapons and attacks. The back ground music is downright pimp in NG2.

- The health regen in NG2 is nice vs always being paranoid about potion inventory. The save points in NG1 blow + they respawn enemies.

Overall, NG2 is easily a superior game over NG1. If my impressions change going forward, I'll post accordingly.

As much as people complain about the camera, the camera in NG1 is MUCH worse. I'm abusing the right trigger to center the camera tons more than in NG2.

Did you click the right stick to activate user control of the camera? It's annoying, but you'll have to do it every time you load up a game or start a new level. You'll have similar 3rd person camera control to NG2 then. The only functional differences I've found between the two games are that you have control over camera focus during boss battles in NG2 through the RB (a very good change), and that the camera view auto-resets in NG2.

That's not to belittle the accessibility of the camera in NG2 - it's nice not to have to keep enabling third person camera control all the time considering that the first person view isn't a focus of the game. The aiming with the bow is much much easier now too (the dot reticle is certainly nice for aiming! :p )

Back