[360, PS3] Bayonetta

Just to recall a little history, Sony supposedly had their ninjas jump-kick their way into Rockstar North for GTA4, so don't go expecting miracles.

Just to recall a little history, Sony supposedly had their ninjas jump-kick their way into Rockstar North for GTA4, so don't go expecting miracles.

Sony likely could get rid of the loading issues by patching the game to have an optional or mandatory install. That would fix the loading issues at least. It seem like it should be the easiest thing to fix.

Reduce the load times, minimize screen tearing and improve the framerate -- that's what I'm hoping for. I don't really care how it looks because it's not the greatest looking game anyway.

Demo is up on Live so I tried it but - wow, I really don't get this game. I can't find a single thing to like about it - it's so incredibly old-school! Maybe they shouldn't have picked the clock-tower, but give me the original Devil May Cry's subtle and considered beauty and finesse over this ugly fast-paced mess anyday. The full game must be better than this thing given the reviews, although some of the reviews highlighted this clock tower section - for now I think I'll avoid this game (though I must admit I was never drawn to it in the first place - I've never even been a big fan of the DMC series either).

finally demo!!!!! game is absolulty blast but i strongly advice not to start with clock tower level at first its just to big mess to begin with. Extremly fun game i love it, must have for me :)

finally demo!!!!! game is absolulty blast but i strongly advice not to start with clock tower level at first its just to big mess to begin with. Extremly fun game i love it, must have for me :)

Yeah, the clock tower level is not a good place to start selling the game ... I tried the PS3 demo, and that starts at the beginning of the game - now it clicks with me more, this is basically Devil May Cry, no question about it. PS3 version demo performance is indeed quite horrible though - framerate isn't bad, but the tearing really is, straight through the middle - sometimes it even feels like there's tearing at three different spots at once.

I've played pretty much all of the best action games in the past few years and this is easily among the best. It seems easy for anyone to make stylish combos, but at the same time, seems very difficult to master.

Anyway, I love it. Although the PS3 version is completely playable, I really hope Sony does indeed help and improve it.

The clock tower is the first level in the main game.

I just played the XBL demo and I had a blast. What a gorgeous looking, well crafted game. It had me in the courtyard area with the jazz music.:D
So much more fun than DMC4, and that's not the only immediate competitor that seems stale by comparison.;)

Eurogamer review

"The result is a game that exemplifies so much of what commentators claim has died in the Japanese game industry. A blast of creative brilliance, both technically accomplished, strategically deep and infused with rare imagination, Bayonetta represents the pinnacle of its chosen niche."

9/10
:cool:

That's great ! Will check out the game.

I was amazed I could finish DMC4. I reckon this one should be of similar difficulty.

That's great ! Will check out the game.

I was amazed I could finish DMC4. I reckon this one should be of similar difficulty.

My friend imported a Japanese Copy..I played it & finished it.
And imo The game is a bit harder than DMC3. [let alone even talking about the much easier DMC4]

The one thing I didnt like about this game is how cluttered the screen remains everytime, you have a HUD that takes up quite a bit of screen space & then you have the immense amount of things like Rings, Blood & Flowers flying off...add to this the light flashes that your move causes, makes things a bit chaotic so much so that its easier to not notice whats going on in the game :)

Back