[360, PS3] Bayonetta

Played both demo's.

OMG! I love the combat in this game. So flashy and fluid. Most fun since NG2 but without the punishing difficulty. The game style is really a new benchmark for action games.

As for console wars, I don't think Grandmaster will have to look hard for differences between the 2 version. The 360 version is hands down the one to have.

Back to the game though. So many combos possible. You can make the combat flow beautifully without having perfect timing. If you like action games, you'll like this.

I just played the PS3/360 demos, and first of all I have to say the game gets a plus for style and presentation. Unfortunately it retains the tiresome trekking between battles of Devil May Cry.

As far as the technical performance goes, I'm having a hard time recalling this horrible of a PS3 game. It's slight exaggeration, but there is screen tear nearly every frame. Obviously Bayonetta is absolutely not a multi-platform title, with the PS3 version thrown in to appease the Japanese audience. Given the scope of P-Games, this is somewhat understandable, nevertheless, I expect extremely poor PS3 sales in US/EU.

Oninotsume

I just played the PS3/360 demos, and first of all I have to say the game gets a plus for style and presentation. Unfortunately it retains the tiresome trekking between battles of Devil May Cry.

As far as the technical performance goes, I'm having a hard time recalling this horrible of a PS3 game. It's slight exaggeration, but there is screen tear nearly every frame. Obviously Bayonetta is absolutely not a multi-platform title, with the PS3 version thrown in to appease the Japanese audience. Given the scope of P-Games, this is somewhat understandable, nevertheless, I expect extremely poor PS3 sales in US/EU.

Oninotsume
I wouldn't necessarily say they did it to appease the Japanese audience. Based on the sales of RE5 in Japan, Bayonetta on the PS3 stands a chance of outselling the 360 version by almost 4:1 in Japan. The larger PS3 base in Japan is more then enough reason for Sega to do this.

I would say that I would rather them hold both version until finished rather than release the 360 version now and then release a PS3 version later with required extra content. After seeing that happen so much lately I would not be planning on buying Bayonetta if that were the case. I'm sure there are a bunch of pissed off Xbox 360 owners in Japan that feel the same way. I'm not sure PG would be up to making extra content for just the PS3 version anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone give a link to the Xbox360 demo (i don't have an account on Xbox network)? And if i have a PAL console can i play it (burned on regular DVD)?

Based on the PS3 demo i can say that i simply love the game, it will definitelly end up as one of my favourites in the genre as it has that God Hand meets Devil May Cry feeling :) The performance is pretty bad though, that's why i'm interested in trying the 360 version as well.

Played the ps3 version this is one game where the tearing never bothered me and framerate wasn't 60(or close to it) but it never bothered me. Must be one of the games where if you don't play the other version you won't notice any difference.

Has anyone noticed the weirdness with the trees? It's like the tree leaves remain stationary even when you move the camera. It is kind of hard to explain.

Played the ps3 version this is one game where the tearing never bothered me and framerate wasn't 60(or close to it) but it never bothered me. Must be one of the games where if you don't play the other version you won't notice any difference.

Well, put it this way - play it on 360 and you'll realise just how much you've missed. It's a pretty ugly port on PS3 with gaping holes in the performance.

Well, put it this way - play it on 360 and you'll realise just how much you've missed. It's a pretty ugly port on PS3 with gaping holes in the performance.

gm, will you be doing a feature on Bayonetta?
It'd be interesting to hear your thoughts on why the discrepancies between the 2 versions.

My connection right now is too slow to download the vids to see for myself.

Is the 360 version missing the battle against the red witch? I didn't see it on the 360. It's weird that it has the chaotic clocktower part and not that.

Is the 360 version missing the battle against the red witch? I didn't see it on the 360. It's weird that it has the chaotic clocktower part and not that.
While it might be the case of exclusive content for each demo but it is believed that the 360 demo is the same from E3 and possibly from other media events before that. The PS3 version wasn't shown to the press until just recently meaning it's likely a newer demo than the 360 one. That could be part of the reason for the differences in the demos.

Actually, that score isn't confirmed. It was posted on 2ch, but 2ch has hoaxed people before, and there's no other famitsu news, just the scores. I think other outlets picked the news up at GAF, where it's at question.

Well they had several sources reporting it as real including Kotaku so I'm sorry if it ends up being fake.

Not your fault, no one really knows. Just saying we should be careful, it may not be true. And Kotaku may have taken its news either from the questionable 2ch post or any of the sources that read from that post.

Sega has posted the score on twitter...it was in english though. Other trusted sources think that the score is real. They might have gotten the news the same way I did but who knows.

Wouldn't be surprised. Awesome game is awesome. It's a must buy for me in Jan. Hell, I'd skip some of the upcoming games and make room, if it was coming out sooner.

I'm not try to defend this port but honestly this game is everything except something to not to miss for the graphics on 360 ... :???: but yeah horrible porting to sega.

Back