[360, PS3] Bayonetta

Famitsu did something different this time.
10/10/9/9 for PS3 version
10/10/10/10 for 360 version

first time at least this gen that a multiplat released at the same time gets a different score across consoles.

I would like to see an answer to Joker's post as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discussion about quality of ports and technical reasons shoudn't be held in game threads. We have a cross-platform development discussion thread for that. Game threads should ideally be about whether a game is fun or not, looks nice, is worth getting or avoiding, etc. with the occassional sensibly contained tangent as it crops up. Common recurrent tangents (why ports suck) should have separate threads. As they do...

A frame rate comparison came across.

365000_4.jpg

365000_4.jpg

Source : http://ruliweb2.nate.com/ruliboard/read.htm?main=ps&table=gamei_ps03&left=b&db=2&num=232363

Not exactly the best quality video to be able to make any definitive judgements.
I guess that's the point. You can still tell the visual quality difference from that particular video let alone better quality ones. Beside, the video quality is pretty good. Not bad at all.

I also doubt we'd see dramatic differences between a demo and the full game released 3 weeks later.

Seeing that the PS3 and 360 versions are already out in Japan, I guess there is no difference to be expected except for patching it.

No wonder they didn't want to show the PS3 version in TGS?

Japanese sales reported so far.
93,000 for PS3
45,000 for 360

Mind you it seems like there are some importing the PS3 version. It may seem like Sega made the right choice.

Japanese sales reported so far.
93,000 for PS3
45,000 for 360

Mind you it seems like there are some importing the PS3 version. It may seem like Sega made the right choice.

Imports barely account for 5K if any though. It never mattered if a console was region free or not, some people always import. I was one of them for the first 3 years on the PS2 (having a Japanese unit only).

Eurogamer review

The result is a game that exemplifies so much of what commentators claim has died in the Japanese game industry. A blast of creative brilliance, both technically accomplished, strategically deep and infused with rare imagination, Bayonetta represents the pinnacle of its chosen niche.

9/10
:cool:

Back