360 launch titles

pipo

Veteran
Before everything gets messy... ;-)

Joystiq: Folks are understandably a little confused about what exactly the Xbox 360 launch lineup looks like for this holiday season. We know that the exact list is still being finalized, but can you give us a sense of how many titles are definite for Xbox 360’s Nov. 22 launch here in the US? How about the UK launch?

David Reid: You bet. First we’re thrilled to reaffirm that as we announced at E3, we’re still on path for Xbox 360 to have the greatest launch lineup in console gaming history. It will start with 15-20 titles available on launch day, which is Nov 22 in the US and Canada, and Dec 2 in Europe and will continue with a steady pipeline of great titles through the rest of 2005 and beyond into 2006.

David Reid: We confirmed from Microsoft Game Studios that Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, and Project Gotham Racing 3 will all ship in this launch window in 2005. We also announced several new titles at X05.

Joystiq: But those titles are just that—announcements at this point and not part of the Holiday lineup, right?

David Reid: Yes—the other titles we announced from Microsoft Game Studios are on track for 2006. The new announcements include Mass Effect developed by Bioware, Too Human from Silicon Knights, and Crackdown from Real Time Worlds. Those three join Gears of War from Epic as all exclusive Microsoft Game Studios titles for Xbox 360 in 2006.

Joystiq: Got it.

Joystiq: How do you decide whether or not to include a game for launch? What’s the absolute cutoff date for inclusion in the launch window? Or (another way of asking the same question) when will we know for certain what the launch list looks like?

David Reid: Final launch list is nearly completed—we are in the final laps of certification and expect to have a definitive launch day list in the next few weeks. But we are waiting until all titles pass through certification to announce the launch day lineup.

That's still launch *window*.

More at http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000860061821

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9592966/
“Project Gotham Racing 3†from independent game studio Blizzard Creations also should be available in time for Christmas, Microsoft said at a press event in Amsterdam.
Also note that GR3 appears MIA. Also
The company said its 2006 Xbox 360 game lineup will include â€Crackdown†from Real Time Worlds, whose team includes developers involved in the creation of the blockbuster “Grand Theft Auto†franchise. Other expected 2006 titles include Epic Games Inc.’s â€Gears of War,†Silicon Knights’ “Too Human†and “Mass Effect†from BioWare Corp.
With the Halo movie coming in 2007 I completely expect Halo 3 to arrive in 2007 (and maybe a short followup in 2008 or a full sequal in 2009 to maximize sales and the install base, although I would expect them to be working on a Xbox 720 title at some point).

Powderkeg said:
Why would it? It's not a 1st party title.
Well there were some rumors it could get delayed. Only rumors of course. EA was quick to show off all its launch titles. Oh well, with 6 weeks to go I guess I am looking for a confirmed launch list.

Acert93 said:
Well there were some rumors it could get delayed. Only rumors of course. EA was quick to show off all its launch titles. Oh well, with 6 weeks to go I guess I am looking for a confirmed launch list.

Yeah, but why would it be included on MS's list of 1st party games at all? It's not a 1st party game.

Both of the articles in this thread are talking about 1st party games only.

In an effort to clear up the confusion, GameSpot asked David Reid, director of platform marketing for Xbox, what the exact 360 launch lineup is. He said that "there will be 15 to 20 Xbox 360 titles available on launch day" with around another half-dozen making it to market by the end of the year. For the moment, though, he would only confirm eight titles as being available the same day and date as the 360: Project Gotham Racing 3, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Madden NFL 06, NBA Live 06, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6135026.html

In a video interview at Gamespot, the developer stated that Elder Scrolls: Oblivion will be a launch title.

Back