[360] Halo 3: ODST

It's about 36-40€ here, and as I've mentioned, you get two bonus games. Seems like this once, we're not getting the short end of the stick ;)

Thinking more about the price point, I realized MS had no choice to go but $59.. anything less and it would have been stigmatized as a budget price, subpar title.

This way they can put a full on marketing push behind it, etc.

The only reason I bought Nut and Bolts is because of the $20 price, but this is Halo. They can slap Halo onto anything and sell a ton, so they had no choice but to max their profit margins.

To be fair, a new campaign (4-6 hours) with 4 player coop, all the Halo 3 MP + 3 new maps, and a new mode (FireFight) for cooperative play with 10 maps is more value than you get out of most $60 releases. How many praised [unnamed games] that were 6-8 hours in SP with no cooperative and no multiplayer to speak of?

The real problem for this title is that for Halo 3 owners with the DLC who have already shelled out cash for the DLC a lot of the "value" is diminished relative to the product and Halo expectations. People expect more from flagship titles and franchises, fair or not. For those who focus on high-value products (better bang for buck for gameplay time) I think more unique MP maps should have been a must. The fact they cut the Mystic pack in 2 and still wanted a premium for 3 maps and shifted the cut maps is salt on the wound ... 9 MP maps and some new modes and features (update) would have been nice.

Alas I guess the real value for Halo 3 players is by the time you are thoroughly bored with ODST the Reach Beta comes out, which even if only open for 4-8 weeks there is some value in that as well.

I'd pay $60 just for Firefight alone. I loved Horde and think the Halo enemies, weapons, etc are ideally suited for this gametype. The scoring system and random difficulty multipliers are going to make for one trash talking, kill stealing, score whoring good time. I really hope you'll join us, Josh.

Besides, Bungie is a newly independent developer. They gotta make money somehow.

Also, I can now delete those maps from my very limited HDD. From what I've seen so far, it looks to be a lot of fun.

Well Finland seem to win the best price!!

Haha that's got to be a first :)
Anyways was just browsing for a TV on the site and saw this:

http://www.gigantti.fi/product/peli...t/X360HALO3ODST/x360-halo-3-odst-ennakkotilaa

And couldn't pass it up as I was going to get it anyways. Amazing deal! I also bought Sony Bravia 52V5500 TV (it's the entry level series, but price/performance ratio is great) to get some load of from my projector. I'll hook my X360 on it and the viewing distance is going to be under 2 meters, should be great!

Yup, me too -- only free maps. A couple of MP nights with the B3D crew and it more than pays for itself from my point of view.

Oh, Halo multiplayer always warrants the entry price. I've hosted console LANs where the only thing we played was Grifball!

Yea but ODST looks great value to me, new campaign (which doesn't seem half assed either), new MP, new maps and the Reach beta. And it isn't even full priced!
I'm hoping the campaign is a deep enough sandbox to provide replayability, like GTA4 where you can just muck around doing nothing for ages.

I was also wondering if any game code for Reach beta comes ships with the DVD, or does it just allow you to download it?

Back