[360] Crackdown 2

Gears 3 looks quite better than Gears 2

Halo Reach looks quite better than Halo 3

Kind of...lets say lame that Crackdown 2 looks about the same as Crackdown 1.

I think the improvements will be subtle, yet measurable. The tech interview mentions they have 8 times bigger crowds, that's almost a 3 times improvement in viewing distance,, which will have a big impact, IMHO.

On top of that, better lighting and a more stable framerate for 60Hz systems (it was rock solid here in PAL-land).

Better graphics is many things. Insane draw distance and a very good LOD system makes up for a lot of bling, IMO.
Cheers

You can certianly see with the infected that there are a ton more characters on screen at once then in the past game.

I received my review copy yesterday and played for about 4 hours, but unfortunately everything (thoughts, reviews) are completely under embargo until July 5th. As a HUGE fan of the original game (I played through it 3 times, each time starting completely over) I'm very much am looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you guys, and I'm sure you're interested in knowing how the game turned out.

This leads me to my question for you guys--as I write up my review, I'm curious what's important to you and what you would like to know about Crackdown 2?

at first disappointed I have kept replaying the demo and am starting to find what I may like about it again... put i CD1 last night too and actually enjoyed that as well.. (although the gangs stories are so lame)

probably buy this eventually as it seems to be a more complte experience than ONE with the Mp and the action melee combat is done really really well in CD2

I received my review copy yesterday and played for about 4 hours, but unfortunately everything (thoughts, reviews) are completely under embargo until July 5th. As a HUGE fan of the original game (I played through it 3 times, each time starting completely over) I'm very much am looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you guys, and I'm sure you're interested in knowing how the game turned out.

This leads me to my question for you guys--as I write up my review, I'm curious what's important to you and what you would like to know about Crackdown 2?

umm.. is it a worthy sequel and must buy and does it manage to do more to hold your attention in the story? :D

looking forward to your impressions

I don't know about this one. I'd say its mediocre. The city is neat, and the number of enemies on screen is cool, and I like the jumping/climbing, but the combat and missions aren't very interesting. There's only a few types of missions and they are all very similar. You level up really quick. There just doesn't seem to be a lot to do in this sandbox. It's not that it's a bad game. It's ok for messing around with, but I wouldn't sit and play it for extended periods of time, and it's not a game I could revisit. I'll trade this one in fast, once I've had my fill. I think this is an ok budget buy. Full price is maybe a bit steep unless you're a huge Crackdown fan. I never played the first one.

I don't know about this one. I'd say its mediocre. The city is neat, and the number of enemies on screen is cool, and I like the jumping/climbing, but the combat and missions aren't very interesting. There's only a few types of missions and they are all very similar. You level up really quick. There just doesn't seem to be a lot to do in this sandbox. It's not that it's a bad game. It's ok for messing around with, but I wouldn't sit and play it for extended periods of time, and it's not a game I could revisit. I'll trade this one in fast, once I've had my fill. I think this is an ok budget buy. Full price is maybe a bit steep unless you're a huge Crackdown fan. I never played the first one.

Play with a friend. The first game wasn't fun alone either.

And the first game was pretty fun alone.

Fake edit: well, if you like dicking around in a huge sandbox, which from the sound of it may not be Scott_Arm's thing.

I just think that maybe there aren't enough tools in the sandbox. Not saying it's a bad game. It's alright, but could have been better.

I give the game a 7/10. It has all the fun of orb collecting, root top races and just general screwing around but the mission structure is a major step back from the first game. The missions all feel the same and require you to fight through a certain amount of NPC's. The first game allowed creative options to killing the bosses. You could even sneak in and attack the boss directly if you planned it well.

A long dev cycle was certainly needed. I'm still optimistic for a 3rd game but I'll be cautious to the direction it takes. They need a atleast 2 years to really get this sorted. If they take the time, I think they'll have a great game in Crackdown 3.

Back