[360] Crackdown 2

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
Thank you Microsoft!!! Can't wait!! Will be pre-ordering this ASAP. Can't wait!

[gt]49992[/gt]

Not much to appreciate yet, just non-game play teaser. When is it due, 2010 or 2011? I hope they flesh out a story, move to a new engine and keep co-op. I'd also like to have some more RPG elements beyond jumping and shooting (weapon specializations?), Crackdown suffered from from repetitious game play.

4-player co-op & 16-player multiplayer...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/crackdown2

Looks like multiplayer is going to be the big draw. All I want is the orb hunting, give 1000 orbs to find & I'll find them! :)

I was hoping for a totally new city too, but it looks like it's the same city, Pacific City. Hopefully it's totally different.

Tommy McClain

Surely you jest! Where is the original Crackdown thread I'm pretty sure I was the head cheerleader and voted the original my GOTY, if there is one game that I refuse to loan out it is Crackdown. Or put another way, I went to NeoGAF into the inFAMOUS thread with search word: Crackdown just to see how people compared them and the glowing reviews in the similarities to Crackdown are what made inFAMOUS into my most wanted PS3 game...by far...even after watching E3 conferences (still have yet to purchase a retail game this year but I should be a homeowner soon at which point I will open the wallet again).

Even before I saw the monster something about the presentation of the game seemed off. While I hope I am very wrong, I already have a negative thought process going in and may just convince myself that inFAMOUS is Crackdown 2 :devilish: <---(this is not to be taken as a knock against inFAMOUS). Seriously, where the hell did Crackdown go?

EDIT: I should add that in my tradition of feeding the microtransaction beast I bought the Play More Crackdown NXE theme the day it hit and it is my current theme.

I sorta have the same concern. It's... worrying that what they choose to show in a super-short trailer didn't have much super-powered coppering. I do tend to read too much into things so I'm trying to keep positive -- I'll probably buy Crackdown 2 because it seems like I buy every single open-world game.

4-player co-op & 16-player multiplayer...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/crackdown2

Looks like multiplayer is going to be the big draw. All I want is the orb hunting, give 1000 orbs to find & I'll find them! :)

I was hoping for a totally new city too, but it looks like it's the same city, Pacific City. Hopefully it's totally different.

Tommy McClain

Awesome! The sheer amount of mayhem with 4 players is gonna be ridiculous. Hell, just 2 player co-op was out of control.

Will be interesting to see if there are many changes with new studio. :-/

I see there is no single-player, unless you play coop..
Does this mean that you can't play it without XBL-membership?

Well, the first game was essentially a coop game that you could play singleplayer, I'd seriously doubt they'd do that.

Ruffian Games

Hello and Welcome! We're Ruffian Games, recently announced as the developer for Crackdown 2. We've been busy bees working on this for a while in near Stalinesque secrecy. Thankfully the game has been announced at the 2009 E3.

That's all we can currently say about that (for now) but we don't want to leave you empty handed so there're a few other things we can let you in on. Ruffian Games is a brand new development team based in Scotland's glorious City of Dundee. Despite being less than a year old we've an aeon of experience and proven skill running through our team.

We've worked on many big titles in the past that we're sure you've heard of including Microsoft's Crackdown, Fable 2 and Project Gotham Racing. We hope you've enjoyed them as much as we did.
cd2logo.jpg

The question remains, can they make a big game like this in 1.5 years?

They can if they use the same engine & art assets. They've already said its the same city, Pacific City. I would hope they would use a different city, but if they use the same city, but changed slightly (5 years later...) then that could be sufficient.

Tommy McClain

The engine and art assets would not hold up well in 2010, they were not that good in 2007. I think they are starting from scratch. I wonder how big the team is?

Will be interesting to see if there are many changes with new studio. :-/

I see there is no single-player, unless you play coop..
Does this mean that you can't play it without XBL-membership?

Where did you get that info? Are there interviews floating around that I don't know about? Not an issue for me, but it seems like it would be a stupid move.

The engine and art assets would not hold up well in 2010, they were not that good in 2007. I think they are starting from scratch. I wonder how big the team is?

Well, they could reuse them with modifications rather than start at a clean slate. Where'd the 1.5 years number come from? I feel like there must be a wealth of crackdown 2 info going around that I haven't seen.

Back