[360] Alan Wake - Still awake

I'm glad it's fake. Looks kind of the opposite of what Alan Wake seems to be about (i.e. it seemed very linear, and it's first person).

“We unfortunately aren’t communicating whether or not we’ll have GDC presence at this point of time,” a Remedy rep told VG247 this morning.

That sounds as if they aren't confirming nor denying it. So who knows.

A new Alan Wake interview, it's in Finnish (i think) so I don't know what they're saying

Apparently its something about how the weather and lighting will play a big part in the gameplay.

http://www.gamer.no/article.php?articleId=764&page=1

What Joystiq makes of it:

Aside from an emphasis on story, Mr. Häkkinen says that weather effects will play a role in gameplay, specifically noting, "Everything in the game can be influenced by the weather. If you are running the car will run conditions will be worse by heavy rain, than if the weather was good ... the weather is dynamic, since it will influence how you play the game."

Furthermore, Mr. Häkkinen tells Gamer.no that, "Lighting is very important in the game, and this is a unique item that really has not been used in the game before on the way we do it." The obvious comparison here would be to last year's conceptually strong Alone in the Dark -- here's hoping Remedy can deliver on the lighting concept where Alone in the Dark more or less failed.

I got a feeling Alan Wake is going to make a big splash at E3 as the game has been in developement for over 4 years and there isn't much new info on the game.Just wondering, how graphically impressive do you guys think Alan Wake will be?

I got a feeling Alan Wake is going to make a big splash at E3 as the game has been in developement for over 4 years and there isn't much new info on the game.Just wondering, how graphically impressive do you guys think Alan Wake will be?

Not very, at least the 360 version won't be.

How are you so certain that the 360 version of AW isn't going to be graphically impressive though?

Because they haven't shown anything of it, and because open world games will have a hard time being graphically impressive on a console, as it will inevitably be compared to KZ2.
Mod : Have you missed your recent reprimand for off-topic comparisons, Vanquish? Game comparisons like this are 'bad news'. There's no need to raise KZ2 here, a different game from a different paltform. I do not want to see KZ2 raised as a poster child for console graphics in any other non-Killzone game threads, thank you...

^ hey I was just answering the question, it was an aside to prove my point. You can't compare the games anyway, as we've seen nothing of the 360 version of AW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they haven't shown anything of it, and because open world games will have a hard time being graphically impressive on a console, as it will inevitably be compared to KZ2.

True that we haven't seen anything of the game lately, which is a little disappointing.Because I think the ideas for the game seem pretty cool and interesting.Hopefully, at E3 AW will make a grand appearance and see plenty of gameplay footage...

All I know is that I have been waiting since 2005 for this freaking game. I hope it hits E3 and releases this year.

I'm not too fussed if it releases this year (although that would be fantastic). I'd just be happy to hear further news.

Gosh, I think I've been conditioned by Remedy to happily accept the smallest morsel. It's a sorry state of affairs. :)

Dr Evil, anything of note in that Norsk article vanquish posted?

Back