[360] Alan Wake - Still awake

The post by Markus Maki shows a portion of a new screenshot.

Last months issue of EDGE had this to say, "Soon to be unveiled in dramatically different shape to that of 2006 when it already looked stunning, Alan Wake promises a technological tsunami to rival, maybe even surpass, Crysis. That hasn't come easily though, or quickly."

Yeah, that's the awful problem with delaying a game...the target is always moving. The more you wait, the more that must be redone.

Although I must say that the redoing of tech isn't as painful as it seems.

Timeshift, which also got rebooted, was rebuilt pretty fast.

I must say that I like the words "technological tsunami" very very much, especially given that imho EDGE isn't prone to hyperbole. :LOL:

Yeah, that's the awful problem with delaying a game...the target is always moving. The more you wait, the more that must be redone.
The target is definitely always on the move. The last video I saw for it was kind of graphically impressive at that time. Now, it seems like just a little better than the average game (the cars, character animations and scenery). Hopefully, they'll put out some more videos of their progress at TGS.

Alan Wake is awaking :D -not brillliant but it's late-. After two years of silence Remedy are about to present a new trailer of the game, October 15th. Remedy created the famous Max Payne series and 3DMark

http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/alan-wake-lives-trailer-coming-mid-october/

Alan Wake lives! Trailer coming mid-October

alanwakeinfo_news.jpg
After showing a video of Alan running somewhere back a few years ago, Remedy has been rather quiet with news on Alan Wake since then. Many people have gone into E3 and other shows year after year expecting something, but have always walked away empty handed.

However, it now seems we will finally get another look at Alan, as Remedy have confirmed they will be airing a trailer for the game ahead of the theatre release of Max Payne in Finland on October 17th.

Why the Max Payne movie, and why Finland? Well Max Payne was one of Remedy’s first games, which they developed back in 2001, and the company themselves are located in Finland. Don’t fret though, as the trailer should hit the internet very quick after it gets its first airing.

A while back Remedy delivered news they are still working hard on the game, commuting that “We’ve been in development for a long time and if everything had gone perfectly smoothly there probably would be a game out for you guys to play already… We want to entertain you guys in the best possible way and our team is putting in every effort possible in order for that to happen.”

Alan Wake currently does not have a release date, but is likely to be release before you die…. maybe!

I'm super excited. About darn time too. Who are these darkzero guys? I just want to ensure my chain isn't being yanked if you know what I mean.

Having a look around their site there isn't any obvious sensationalism. Therefore my excitement level went up a notch. No, two notches.

I'm super excited. About darn time too. Who are these darkzero guys? I just want to ensure my chain isn't being yanked if you know what I mean.

Having a look around their site there isn't any obvious sensationalism. Therefore my excitement level went up a notch. No, two notches.

GAF posted a Finnish language source for this news as well.

Hmm. maybe I should book tickets to Max Payne then! :smile:
Maybe if I pray at the time of booking those tickets, the game will actually get released in 2009...

Ms should really bring these guys closer into the fold. They can't let them go multiconsole as it seems they will provide a niche like ico games and what not that are lacking on the 360

The last AW screens they posted are still miles ahead of any xbox360 game of a similar design. It'll be very interesting how close it is to the screens when its finally shown running on xbox hardware(whenever that is).

I'm already on Vista, so I dont mind eitherway.

yups!

Also Intel was really showcasing the title everywhere to promote its multiple core CPUs. What exactly went wrong with it? Why did it stalll? :???:

As I said last year, this is easily the best looking title on the xbox360 (at the same time saying the title for the ps3 was uncharted, so its been a while ago now ).
in saying that though Ill prolly not like it (I hated max payne, too much story :) )

I'm interested in seeing the 360 version. Can we expect the same kind of lighting and physics that were shown off at that Intel conference? Either way, I'm excited for Alan Wake. I was a big fan of the Max Payne games, and I love the setting and story for Alan Wake. I hope that hasn't changed any.

Hmm. maybe I should book tickets to Max Payne then! :smile:
Maybe if I pray at the time of booking those tickets, the game will actually get released in 2009...

I've been checking several times a day at Finnkino on info when I can get my tickets, can't wait for it, going for the "pre-release" show before the actual opening night

Back