2009 platform CONSOLE exclusives!

That's not PC whatever relationship, that's just reality of delayed exclusives regardless where they get ported to. Look back at PS2 and its LTD best sellers - outside for the lone 1st party game or two, nothing in top 30 is exclusive.

There is a fair number of PC-360 games that co-launched and in almost every case the 360 version dwarfs the PC version. There are exceptions--and delays really dent sales even more--but I don't think there is any question that in "Console Compatible" titles (i.e. co-developed or whatever you want to call it, but titles aimed to straddle both demographics) do a lot better overall on the 360 regardless of release date.

The point isn't the PC-360 comparison, the point is how many of those co-developed titles are amongst the actual 360 top sellers. To bring back the PS2 example, probably 1/3-1/2 of those top 30 titles was cross-platform developed, so the point would stand there.
I'm not up to date with top-360 sellers, but off the top of my head, I can only think of COD and EA sports games on 360 that fit this bill, which are full cross-platform anyway(ok EA sports games are HD console crossplatform, PC versions haven't crossed to nexgen for most part yet). :p

So by that standard, Gran Turismo and God of War aren't exclusives... so what are we left to discuss? Uncharted and Lost Odyssey and a handful of other games?
IIRC Chains of Olympus is a different game , not identical to GoW2 or GoW so it is PSP exclusive ... Resistance : Retribution is also coming to PSP so you say Resistance FoM and Resistance2 arent PS3 exclusives ?.. Come on ...

Games dont lose exclusivity with this kind of examples imo ...

Gears of War or Mass Effect are not X360 exclusives because you can play exactly the same game on PC ... Call them timed exclusive or whatever you want but they are not exclusive ...

But Halo 3 and Gears2 are X360 exclusives ...

If you call PC / X360 games as exclusives then please tell me how to call Halo 3 , Gears2 , Gran Turismo , Uncharted and others ... Real exclusives ?..

And yes , I've made a mistake with Viva Piñata sorry for that ...

And a last thing , I'm not interested in sales of the console version , why would I ?.. "Hey it is on PC also but PC version does not affect console version's sale " , so what ?..

Got the following list from Gametrailer's Wii Forum Lineup Thread.

2009 Wii Exclusives

First Party:

- Cosmic Walker
Genre: Action-Adventure (Japan)

- Dynamic Zan
Genre: Action-Adventure (Japan)

- Endless Ocean 2
Genre: Adventure (Japan)

- Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Genre: Psychological Horror (already out in Japan)

- Klonoa
Genre: Platformer (Japan)

- Sin and Punishment 2
Genre: On-Rails Shooter

- Punch-Out!!
Genre: Sports/Fighting

- Trace Memory 2
Genre: Mystery/Adventure (Japan)

- WiiSports Resort
Genre: Sports

Third Party:

- Arc Rise Fantasia
Genre: Fantasy RPG

- Bleach Versus Crusade
Genre: 3D Fighter

- The Calling
Genre: Psychological Horror

- The Conduit
Genre: First-Person Shooter

- Deadly Creatures
Genre: Action-Adventure

- Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Genre: Action RPG

- The House of the Dead: Overkill
Genre: Survival-Horror/On-Rails Shooter

- Kizuna: Golden Bonds

- Lets Tap
Genre: Music/Rhythm

- Little King's Story
Genre: Simulation RPG/RTS

- MadWorld

- Marble Saga: Kororinpa
Genre: Puzzle

- Muramasa: The Demon Blade

- Overlord: Dark Legend

- Rune Factory Frontier
Genre: Simulation RPG

- Sonic and the Black Knight
Genre: Action-Adventure/Platformer

- Tenchu: Shadow Assassins
Genre: Action/Stealth (already out in Japan)

- TMNT
Genre: Fighter

- Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga

Rumoured for 2009:

- Kirby
Genre: Platformer

- Pikmin 3
Genre: Real-Time Strategy

- Red Steel 2
Genre: First-Person Shooter

- Spyborgs

- Tales of 10

- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes
Genre: 2.5D Fighter (out in Japan, licensing issues elsewhere)

If you call PC / X360 games as exclusives then please tell me how to call Halo 3 , Gears2 , Gran Turismo , Uncharted and others ... Real exclusives ?..

There is no need for a distinction between the two groups. You've invented a controversy in order to piss on one platform's list of exclusives, period.

We talk about 3 consoles on this forum. The scope of this thread's discussion was implicit. But now your posts have polluted the thread and robbed it of its usefulness.

IMO the thread should be stripped of all posts that don't contribute to the OP list.

Right, this is an official clarification. The purpose of this thread is to list what games are coming to what consoles without appearing on any other consoles. Whether it makes it to PC or not doesn't matter in this particular thread.

So now we all know where we're coming from ;)

Right, this is an official clarification. The purpose of this thread is to list what games are coming to what consoles without appearing on any other consoles. Whether it makes it to PC or not doesn't matter in this particular thread.

Any chance of a clean-up, Shifty?

Back OT... it seems like MS is going to ride Halo 3: ODST into the holidays next year (in the same way Gears was '06, Halo 3 was '07, and gOW2 was '08). I imagine there will be a Rare game or two there as well which is yet to be announced, since they have had a few releases every Xmas for the last few years too. When's the first 2009 games conference to expect announcements?

Any chance of a clean-up, Shifty?

Back OT... it seems like MS is going to ride Halo 3: ODST into the holidays next year (in the same way Gears was '06, Halo 3 was '07, and gOW2 was '08). I imagine there will be a Rare game or two there as well which is yet to be announced, since they have had a few releases every Xmas for the last few years too. When's the first 2009 games conference to expect announcements?

You think ODST will be the main title? I suspect they'll have something more to announce during GDC, though maybe in the lead-up we'll see them pump ODST hype into more than a side-story.

You think ODST will be the main title? I suspect they'll have something more to announce during GDC, though maybe in the lead-up we'll see them pump ODST hype into more than a side-story.

We've been waiting for the Peter Jackson Halo project for what seems lie years now. However, with Halo wars in March-ish, and ODST in November-ish, I'm starting to thing they may super-saturating the market with another Halo title in 2009. I agree though, ODST doesnt seem like a holiday tent-pole Halo game.

Indeed, heck, even the Xbox's good old "Only on XBox" exclusive-title on the packages meant only regarding other consoles, many of those games were available on PC too

Some kind of a list for PS3, to go along with the Wii and 360 lists already posted.

The Agency
DC Universe Online
Demon's Souls
Driver
Free Realms
God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
inFamous
Killzone 2
LA Noire
MAG
Nobi Nobi Boy
Quantum Theory
Ratchet & Clank Future 2
Supercar Challenge
Twisted Metal
Uncharted 2
The Wall
Yakuza 3

I don't think GOW III will be out in 2009.
There will be already some top titles coming, no need to spend all bombs in 2009.
Sony will be smart to save GOW III to 2010 with a price drop. That would shake things up. Besides I doubt that GOW III will be completed in 2009.

KZ2, Uncharted 2 and InFamous seem to be the flagship titles for 2009 on the PS3.

Also don't forget whatever Team ICO is doing. It's been almost 4 years since SOC came out. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce and release the game in 2009.

I would be very surprised if GT5 and GOW III come out in 2009.

Edit: As for the PC/Console exclusivity, I agree that exclusives on PC/Xbox should be included in the list, but it should be pointed that they are also available on the PC. Imagine that some user is thinking about buying a console (he already has a PC) and he googles for console exclusives. He will be decieved if he finds this list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna see how SCE implements MAG: Massive Action Game

If they can pull off those what 100-200 players at one time thingy (and god knows what kind of expensive high-capacity servers are needed to run this thing with STABILITY), then they have a winner.

:D

I wanna see how SCE implements MAG: Massive Action Game

If they can pull off those what 100-200 players at one time thingy (and god knows what kind of expensive high-capacity servers are needed to run this thing with STABILITY), then they have a winner.

:D

They talked about teams of 8 players of some sort. Maybe there will never be 256 players at the same time, but only 16. Maybe in different parts of the map. And the actions of each team may influence the others. I think it could be something like this.

I don't think MAG, DC Universe, GOW3 or Twisted Metal have been stated as 2009 releases. We can add a lot of unsubstantiated stuff to all three lists if we're going to open it up to speculation. Forza 3 is probably a safer bet than all of those, but it's not offically stated for 2009 at this point, either.

Apparently there was an interview with Yamauchi in last week's Famitsu. He said that GT5's is intended to be a 2009 game, but they may not make it. Nonetheless, they're trying for 2009.

Some kind of a list for PS3, to go along with the Wii and 360 lists already posted.

The Agency
DC Universe Online
Demon's Souls
Driver
Free Realms
God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
inFamous
Killzone 2
LA Noire
MAG
Nobi Nobi Boy
Quantum Theory
Ratchet & Clank Future 2
Supercar Challenge
Twisted Metal
Uncharted 2
The Wall
Yakuza 3

I don't think L.A. Noire is a console exclusive. The rest looks correct. Wait...Isn't Team Ico's project due next year? I think you can add the following:
Blade & Soul
Steel Dog
Metal Black

What is going on with Red Dead Revolver (Rockstar Old West PS3 Project)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently there was an interview with Yamauchi in last week's Famitsu. He said that GT5's is intended to be a 2009 game, but they may not make it. Nonetheless, they're trying for 2009.

That's an interesting way of reading it. The common interpretation from that interview was we'd be getting in 2010 at the earliest, nothing about trying for 2009?

It's hard to say. I can't imagine they'd let a canon Halo FPS title sit in the background though.

Back