120 gig black 360 almost offical? April ETA?

Pics of the 120gb Black 360 called Zephyr

Its "official":

blackxbox360tpe_01.jpg

blackxbox360tpe_03.jpg

HDMI :
blackxbox360tpe_02.jpg

MS can't add this SKU at a higher price than the current premium without keeping the premium. That would be equivalent to raising the price of the premium more than a year after launch (even if a few more features were included... no one would care, that's how they would perceive it).

That leaves three options: keep the current SKU's and add this one at ~$449, drop the current SKU's to $249 and $349 and add this one at $399 (I don't think MS would make a drastic $100 price cut this early or that abruptly), or replace the current premium with this one at $399, leaving the core alone.

I'm guessing there will be too much of the current premium in stock/warehouse/rolling off the lines to simply have it suddenly disappear from shelves. So I think any strategy would have to include keeping it in the lineup at least for a few months until stock is sold out. That leaves us with the first two options, and the only real question left is whether the new SKU will be accompanied by a ~$50 price drop on the other two or not.

That color looks aweful. It needs to be jet black or don't even bother. Preferably glossy piano black but hey that might be pushing it ;)

Tru Dat. If thats going to be their kind of black color, I'd much prefer the current color available to us :p

PS3-like...Black...X360 *droolgasm*

I also noticed, since the DVD tray of that SKU is also the same color as the console, I'd assume thats a "core" dev kit? :LOL:

Wow i feel stupid, i just saw the link on another forum and copied the images. I assumed there was a hdmi port there, without really looking.

No worries, the image quality isn't that great, and I had to blow up the image to make sure. :)

Back